Our client, a Global Oil & Gas Operator are looking for 2 x Permit to Work (PTW) operators to join their team on site in Western Australia on an initial contract 12 month contract.
This role is to support the commissioning, start up and operations of the facility, managing the day-to-day implementation of Permit to Work system, including the compilation and issue of permits and isolations required in accordance with commissioning, aus start-up, daily routines, and maintenance schedules / plans. Roles and Responsibilities
Skills and Experience:
- Permit issuer in permit facility on site.
- Assist with the implementation and management of the facility’s Permit to Work (PTW) system and associated documents that form part of the Permit to work and Isolation process.
- Assist with the administration of the Project team’s PTW process.
- Liaise with Production, Maintenance, Commissioning and Projects teams to ensure permit to work requirements are understood and implemented.
- Review and recommend work packs for approval.
- Coordinating the day-to-day Isolation and PTW process.
- Maintain records of the PTW documentation including risk assessments to ensure systems compliance.
- Recognition of risks and implementation of appropriate actions.
- Assist with preparing isolations for various commissioning, operations and maintenance scopes.
- Interface with the Client and Subcontractors to ensure their permits are developed to the Clients standard and a high level of quality, facilitating a safe operation.
- Interface with the Permit Area Authorities/Area Controllers for all permit approvals and provide support as and when required.
- Conduct regular PTW compliance checks to ensure all PTWs are compliant in the field.
- Provide up to date permit tracking information for the Project as required.
- Provide input into safety reviews / walk-rounds.
- Attend the daily PTW coordination meeting.
- Accurate implementation and management of the facility’s Permit to Work (PTW) system and associated documents.
- Recognition and capture of all associated risks and implementation of appropriate actions.
- Conducting daily PTW compliance checks to ensure all PTWs are compliant in the field.
- Conducting daily workplace inspections to ensure hazard controls are implemented.
- Accurate reporting of permit tracking status.
- 100% compliance requirements of all applicable policies, procedures and codes of practice and active participation in all company/project safety initiatives.
- Proven experience and understanding the of Permit to Work and Isolation requirements within the oil and gas industry.
- Ability to read and interpret P&ID Drawings.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessing highly regarded but not essential.
2 x 2 roster (2 weeks on, 2 weeks off - 1 week night shift, 1 week day shift)
Interstate candidates also will be considered
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Candidates must have FULL Australian working rights to be considered*
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.