Greetings from NES Fircroft !!!
NES have an urgent opening for an Operating company based in Qatar. Anyone interested for the same can share updated resume.
Designation :- QA/QC INSPECTOR (ELECTRICAL & INSTRUMENT)
· Electrical/Electronic/Instrumentation degree with experience in quality Control in multidiscipline construction and commissioning environment. Preferably having formal training in QC and membership with recognized charted or other professional institution.
· 10 years’ experience in similar position, experience in GCC is desirable.
· As minimum, he shall have five (5) years’ experience directly relating to
inspection/execution of construction activities, preferably worked in project management consultancy/ as client QC inspector.
· The candidate should have sound working knowledge on QC aspects and various inspection and testing requirements related to Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Electrical and Instrumentation Equipment in Oil/Gas and Petrochemical Plants.
· Duties are normally complex and vary and require ability to work well with contractor’s personnel and colleagues at all levels in multidisciplinary, multicultural environment.
· Shall demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of the National Electric Code/NFPA 70, IEC, IEEE etc,. Shall have working knowledge of electrical installations including materials, methods, specifications, and hazardous location identification for oil and gas and petrochemical industries
· Shall have an internationally recognized certification in auditing ISO-9001 or equivalent and shall be able to exercise judgment against the criteria of the standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Implementing the elements of Company’s management system applicable to your function.
· Your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by Company’s business, whether or not the activity is under your direct control and proactively participate in all safety matters affecting the construction of the project.
· Preventing pollution to the environment, either by you or by others in project.
· Coordinating the inspection and test requirements on behalf of Company’s .
· Undertake familiarization with Project and discipline specific inspection documentation to ensure understanding of contract requirements.
· Familiar with international Codes, Standards and Regularities (e.g. QCS, NEC, IEC, IEEE, NFPA 70, etc.)
· Implement quality inspection procedures on construction activities, suppliers, subcontractors to ensure compliance to project specification.
· Ensure that the documentation generated by the inspections, tests, surveillance and surveys meets the requirements of the Project Quality Plan, ITPs and project requirement.
· Complete relevant forms and prepare reports on inspections and tests undertaken for inclusion in, and maintenance of, inspection records.
· Communicating effectively with the contractor, third parties and end users at your level.
· Ensuring that all equipment used for measuring and testing is in calibration and such records are available.
· Assisting construction personnel to develop the required quality documentation, including method statements, work procedures, inspection and test plans and inspection and test records.
· Assisting construction personnel to identify problems and potential or actual nonconformances and to assist in proposing correction and corrective actions.
· Perform & Monitor technical inspections during Site/Factory Acceptance Tests for main electrical components such as Power, Distribution and Measurement Transformers, MV and LV Switchgears, Power and Telecommunication / Instrumentation Cables, MCCBs, PLC, MCC, LCC panels.
· Liaise with other Field Supervisors and Contractor to be aware of planned and completed construction works to ensure SATs and E&I Tests are planned and performed.
· Implementation of QC activities for Electrical and Instrumentation works in site. Review Inspection & Test Plans, Checklist and RFI. Material Receiving Inspection and check the installation of Electrical equipment and Instruments are as per correct hook-up drawings and verifying red-line mark-up as necessary. Experience in HV/LV cable laying standards, producing of punch list and commissioning of electrical equipment and witness the Loop Checking.
· Assist Sr. QA/QC Engineer to Review routine test report, quality documentation and inspecting for conformity of electrical/instrument equipment which are delivered to the site.
· Monitor Contractor’s Performing/Inspecting E&I site activities such as Substation Grounding System installation and grounding measurements (fall-of-potential diagram, soil resistivity, step voltage tests and measurements) including Material-Receiving according to Quality Procedures implementation.
· Ensure all E&I activities are performed according to Project requirements and that tests and reports are prepared, approved and included in documentation packages.
· Witness Site & Laboratory Tests related to Electrical and Instrumentation activities.
· Monitor that those materials and equipment are used in accordance to specifications.
· Carry-out random check on receiving-inspection of E&I equipment.
· Check delivery documents against purchase orders, specification and material
· Reject any material not meeting specification or not bearing authentic material certificate.
· Follow-up on Correction & Corrective Actions to close-out non-conformances.
· Monitor trends of non-compliance to Company’s requirements and feedback the status of Contractor’s performance.
· Initiate Surveillance / NCR’s for Sr. QA/ QC Engineer’s approval.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.