Overall Purpose of the Job:
Provides strategic and operational support to managers to meet business needs, ensures adherence to HR policies and procedures and manages the administration of HR activities within area of responsibility.
Area of responsibility can cover multiple locations within a defined geographic area such as a Region and/or a large or complex area, or for multiple product lines and /or business units irrespective of geographic location. Key Activities and Accountabilities:
- In conjunction with Senior Management, develop appropriate People Strategies for the area of responsibility to support short and long term business objectives. Develop appropriate HR plans and objectives in support of the People Strategies.
- Through the business planning process, provide input to budget proposals for salary increases and assists managers in the development of a workforce plan. Ensure implementation of subsequent recruitment plan(s).
- Ensure that all policies and procedures comply with legislative requirements in area of responsibility and include best practice where possible. Ensure any such policies and procedures comply with Group policies, standards and processes.
- Ensure that all agreements, contracts, handbooks and other employment documentation are current and comply with current legislation. Ensure processes are in place and understood to comply with work permit, visas and other relevant documentation requirements prior to commencement of employment by new hire / transferee.
- Provide training and guidance on the Performance Management process to managers and employees and assist managers in developing Succession Plans which would include identification of required management / key skills training. Liaise with Learning & Development to implement appropriate programs.
- In conjunction with Group HR, manage salary and benefits in line with competitive practice and cost containment. Ensure focus is on driving business performance and rewarding employees in line with business success. Participate in salary / benefit surveys. Coordinate the annual review process and annual incentive scheme process for area of responsibility. May be involved in union or workplace council negotiations or meetings.
- Ensure best use of HR Information Systems (HRIS) to provide meaningful data to assist with management decision making. Ensure support in place to carry out accurate and timely input to the HRIS.
- Provide HR advice and guidance on procedures to managers and supervisors on issues such as discipline, grievance, performance, redundancy, severance and capability ensuring full compliance with HR processes.
- Act as HR lead in due diligence activities ensuring any people related risks are reported. Advise on specific legislative restrictions and impact on potential acquisition timelines.
- Provide information for the annual budget process which involves the monitoring of costs and resource planning/usage.
- Manage a team including managing work load, mentoring and coaching.
- Work closely with Group HR on HR-related issues, participating in projects and providing input as necessary. Liaise with relevant industry/HR external groups as necessary.
- Provide HR support in emergency situations. May be required to undertake an on call rota to facilitate 24 hour HR coverage to facilitate HR support in emergency situations.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- 10+ years previous experience within HR environment including proven management experience with added advantage for those who have specific working experience within oil & gas company.
- Knowledge of industry-specific regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing HR strategies aligned with overall business objectives.
- Ability to contribute to the development of organisational policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to manage workforce planning and succession planning for the region.
- Experience in fostering a positive work culture and ensuring compliance with labour laws.
- Strong communication skills to interact effectively with employees, management, and external stakeholders.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.