Chevron Australia has an opportunity for a Regulatory Approvals Specialist (Decommissioning) to join the HSE Team. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Regulatory Affairs Team Lead. This position will be based in Perth CBD on a 2 year contract with potential to extend. The Regulatory Approvals Specialist – Decommissioning will:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Co-ordinate environmental approvals required to support decommissioning and remediation activities.
- Co-ordinate environmental studies, modelling and impact assessments as required, in collaboration with internal subject matter experts.
- Prepare environmental approvals documents and revise the documents as required considering internal, public/stakeholder and regulator feedback.
- Provide guidance to and oversight of consultants and support resources on the preparation of approvals documentation.
- Engage with regulators on approvals submissions.
To be considered for this role, applicants should have:
- Demonstrated experience securing environmental approvals under the:
- Petroleum (Submerged Lands) (Environment) Regulations 2012 and the Petroleum Pipelines (Environment) Regulations 2012
- Environmental Protection Act 1986
- Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999
- Experience with securing environmental approvals for decommissioning and remediation projects is preferrable
- Familiarity with other petroleum approvals (land and petroleum titles)
- Experience in engaging with environmental regulators to facilitate environmental approvals
- Experience with securing approvals within the oil and gas sector
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (e.g., developing and delivering presentations, leading discussions, facilitating meetings with a drive to reach consensus)
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.