An ideal role for a reservoir engineer with dynamic simulation and integrated forecasting skills. You will be involved in one of the largest integrated LNG project in the world, in one of the most unique Non-Operated Venture (NOV) assets.
You will support the dynamic and innovative Gorgon Subsurface NOV team, in managing our client interests in this exciting Integrated Gas (IG) asset that underpins the energy transition ambition. Your role will be to maintain and calibrate the giant Gorgon gas field 3D dynamic simulation model to generate production profiles in one-of-its-kind Integrated Production Systems Model (IPSM) to meet the asset business deliverables, such as Business Planning (OP), Annual Review Petroleum Resources (ARPR), Decision Gate (DG) and Portfolio Optimisation-Competitive Scoping work.
You will gain exposure Gorgon CCS as well as the maturation of the backfill portfolio and gas supply planning.
Purpose & Accountabilities:
- Interrogate Operator's latest subsurface and IPSM models
- Update existing Shell dynamic reservoir simulation and IPSM models to generate production forecasts for input towards Decision Gates, Business Plans and ARPR.
- Implement and history match WRFM data into the subsurface & IPSM models.
- Support integration of subsurface and technical assumptions and inputs within their respective NOV Governance teams.
- Ensure reservoir engineering standards are maintained and that best practices are implemented both in their own area of work and via contribution to technical excellence within the Reservoir Engineering function.
- This will include participation in and possibly leading static and dynamic modelling reviews, Model Framing Events, etc.
Skills & Requirements:
- A minimum of 5-10 years of technical experience in the hydrocarbon/energy industry
- Skilled in dynamic reservoir simulation with MoReS and Petroleum Experts IPM suite would be an advantage.
- Skilled in the use of the InterSECT simulation suite.
- Skilled in IPSM and Knowledge of IRM workflows
- Please provide relevant specific experience with additional Reservoir Engineering tools; i.e. MoReS, Eclipse, Intersect, MBAL, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in operating within a live Asset or project is an advantage
- Strong communication and presentation skills to lead engagements and IRM milestones as well as to integrate within a relatively small but broad-skilled teams.
- Minimum Qualified University Degree or equivalent. Key interfaces:
- Technical Assurers (RE TA2, PG TA2)
- Economics - Resource Assurance & Reporting (RAR) - Operations - Finance - Project Services (costs and schedule)
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.