Reservoir Engineer – CBM/CSG – Modelling & Characterization
NES Fircroft have partnered with a global Oil & Gas exploration and production business, who currently have a new position available within their multi-functional team operating CSG/CBM producing assets.
Our client is currently looking for a highly motivated and skilled Reservoir Engineer to apply their reservoir engineering expertise to support technical projects and studies for East Coast developments.Responsibilities:
- Apply reservoir engineering expertise and professional judgment in supporting technical projects and studies.
- Present completed analysis and recommendations at peer reviews, peer assists and functional reviews as part of the value assurance framework.
- Deliver subsurface dynamic reservoir performance characterisation for CBM reservoirs. Ensure reservoir uncertainties are identified and incorporated into multi scenario modelling workstreams, forward appraisal and development plans.
- Influencing data acquisition programmes and integration of production reservoir surveillance data into full field CBM simulation models.
- Support delivery of reservoir engineering elements of East Coast assets FDPs and support delivery of subsurface reservoir engineering workstreams ensuring functional/technical consistency across teams.
- Ensure all own evaluations are documented and related data are handled in accordance with relevant technical standards.
- Proven track record in reservoir modelling and reservoir characterisation, dynamic history matching and well performance forecasting.
- Familiarity with key software including Petrel RE, Eclipse and Python coding preferable
- Work within and collaborate with multi-disciplinary Subsurface team(s), Commercial, Tenures, Production and Concept engineering and other asset entities.
- The position requires incumbents to fully appreciate diversity and to work openly and collaboratively; will operate in a fluid environment and will need to rely on drive, personal experience and judgment.
- Advanced problem solving skills and track record of being solution driven.
- CSG/CBM experience in a reservoir engineering capacity is a strong preference for this role. Key Competencies: The successful applicant will be highly competent in reservoir modelling and simulation. Be able to demonstrate the applicability of these competencies to CBM reservoir engineering problems and to the definition and reduction of subsurface uncertainties within this reservoir type. Problem solving, eye for delivery of robust products and working with one team mentality is essential.
- Right to work in Australia
How to Apply: Click on the Apply button or for more information please email Cameron Anderson on firstname.lastname@example.org
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.