Our client a major Oil & Gas operator are looking to add a Resident Engineer to their team working on from their sub contractor offices in Italy.
The client operate a variety of Oil & Gas processing facilities in Algeria. Role will be a contract based opportunity to work Monday - Friday and will be for an initial 2 year contract. Role overview
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Coordinate the E&P contract for Company Rep. at contractor site
- Advise contractor on technical matters and JV procedures and processes.
- Act as coordinator between Contractor and project engineers (PE)/job responsible engineers (JRE) at client sites.
- General technical support.
- General project support.
- Expedite contractor on issues flagged by site.
- Follow up progress on procurement and expediting of critical materials.
- Participate or if required facilitate weekly/biweekly progress meetings between E&P Contractor and client sites.
- Follow up progress on identified actions from progress meetings.
- Support and have an active role in review and follow up of monthly reports, comments and actions.
- Manage, lead and participate in audits and reviews as required.
- Participate in document reviews.
- Perform first review of contractor documentation and report prior to issuing.
- Upon request act as PE / JRE on defined projects.
- Review and approve contractor time sheet prior to submission
- Represent / act for E&M Team leaders as required.
- Review and Recommend of bids.
- Approval of time sheets, expenses and travel authorizations for E&P Contractor personnel.
- Coordinate, participate and/or perform interviews on behalf of client sites.
- Assist or perform other tasks or duties delegated from client.
- Degree in Engineering
- 8 years experience in petroleum industry
- 4 years experience in project management
- Strong personal commitment to HS&E
- Technical knowledge/ experience of gas plant technology and systems
- Strong multidiscipline project engineering and project administration/management skills
- Familiar with planning
- Familiar with contract work
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.