Our client manufacture Speciality Chemicals globally, they are now looking to recruit a Responsible Instrument Engineer to ensure that instrument assets are designed, installed, commissioned, maintained, inspected and tested in compliance with UK legislative
requirements, business Engineering standards and recognised best practice. You will be responsible for the continuously developing the site instrument asset strategy and competency programme for instrument engineering associates and contractors. Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Development, leadership and deliver of the site strategy for excellence in instrument and automation engineering, asset integrity and asset life plans, to uphold the business reputation, ensure risks are identified and managed, regulatory compliance is maintained and assets are capable of meeting production targets.
- Competency assessment, appointment and development of all instrument and automation engineering duty holders including the professional mechanical engineers.
- Technical interface with the Competent Authority (UK HSE), specialist external and engineering services suppliers.
- Responsible for identification, interpretation, compliance assurance and deviation from approval, for instrument and automation engineering standards.
- Ensure assets are maintained, inspected, repaired and operated incompliance within UK legislation, business standards and recognised best engineering practice.
- Ensure a professional engineering service is provided in support of the improvement, maintenance, and operation of site assets including appointment and management of external specialist and companies.
- Approval of repairs and modifications involving EHS critical equipment.
- As a member of the Site Engineering Leadership Team, contribute to the development and implementation of the site engineering strategy, improvement and capital expenditure plans.
- Lead, inspire and sustain a positive values-based culture, that drives high performance and promotes the implementation of engineering best practices.
- Responsible for PSM/COMAH compliance.
- Candidates will hold a Degree in Instrument Engineering
- Member of a professional institution with chartered engineer status.
- Leadership, negotiation, influence and conflict management / resolution skills.
- Experience in programme or project management and specific role within project delivery as Responsible Engineer.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in instrument engineering leadership roles within the chemical and related sectors including in high hazard manufacturing environments (Upper Tier COMAH assets).
- Significant knowledge and experience of instrumentation design and control principles, installation/commissioning, maintenance philosophies and life cycle management.
- Solid understanding of functional safety and experience of working with IEC 61508 and 61511 standards.
- Experience of leading Continuous Improvement activities across a broad spectrum of areas.
For more information on this role, please contact Ashleigh North on 07708 297 513 or Ashleigh.North@nesfircroft.com
All our current vacancies are listed on our website www.nesfircroft.com
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.