Role: SURF Rigid Pipeline Design Specialist Duration: 12 months (renewable) Based: Paris, France Rate: Competitive
NES Fircroft are currently looking for a SURF Rigid Pipeline Design Specialist to join a massive Oil & Gas project based in Paris, France!
For this role, please see requirements below:HSE:
• For in-house studies:
- Adopt and demonstrate an exemplary behaviour with regards to HSE, implement HSE rules and requirements within his area of responsibility.
For subcontracted studies:
- In cooperation with other disciplines (geosciences, metocean, specialists and experts), ensure that Basis of Design, methodologies, and margins are properly defined and managed, considering pipeline and riser scopeof work.
- Identify, define the scope of work, compile inputs, implement and follow-up of all necessary subcontracted studies and then review the results, issue or validate recommendations for input in the design of pipelines and risers, considering risks and uncertainties associated.
Management & governance:
- Propose proactively alternative designs or technical solutions whenever required, accounting for the various constraints of project packages,
- Ensure adequate and timely reporting to the SURF Technical Lead (progress concerns) and as a general manner, anticipates problems, optimizes, improves and offers solutions with regards to his discipline,
- Participate and contribute actively to Projects Reviews (HAZOP, HAZID, SPOT, PR…) and prepare or participate in any necessary Safety/Technical Audits.
During the FEED / Execution Phases:
- Participate in the Contractors selection process (FEED, Detailed Engineering, Construction and Installation): development of Request For Quotation (RFQ) package documents, clarifications and award,
- Participate to the supervision and control of the FEED and Detailed Engineering by timely reviewing and validating the documentation related to the discipline issued by Contractors (technical documentation, queries and derogation requests), in compliance with SOR, Project Contractual technical specifications and procedures, the Client’s General Specifications, Discipline requirements, International norms and Standards, with the objective to ensure respect of schedule, cost, quality and safety,
- Raise consequently necessary comments and highlight unsafe design, deviations, unacceptable or unjustified design choices, constructability, installation and pre-commissioning issues,
- Participate as required to regular of specific meetings with Contractors,
- Interface actively with other disciplines engineers and other package engineers as necessary on all engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance matters, in order to ensure consistency of the work
- Assist Project Team Representatives at pre-fabrication sites and participate to the resolution of related disciplines problems occurring during the Execution Phase, to advise on technical deviation requests and keep updated the related documentation,
- Participate to the Installation Phase, tests, commissioning and handover, assisting, when necessary, the Installation Leader during all the offshore work campaigns.
A final report Technical Requirements
• Engineering background and specialization in subsea pipeline/risers,
• Professional expertise in Pipelines, Flowlines and Steel Catenary Risers (SCR) in Oil & Gas deepwater projects,
• Knowledge in rigid pipeline design, involving installation aspects (J-lay, reeling), solicitations of the pipe during all life of field (operations), pre-commissioning aspects
• Knowledge pipe interaction with subsea structures and challenging bathymetry (stability, implementation of mitigations such as sleepers, winch pull, Residual Curvature Method, etc.)
• Knowledge in the offshore pipe dynamic assessment including the various verifications in extreme cases and fatigue
• Knowledge of the client’s Referential, as well relevant codes and standards, state of the art regarding relevant Joint Industry Programs
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.