- Prepare a Test Program Execution Plan that covers the objective, resources, procedures, specifications,
contract matrix, budget and planning related to the test programme.
- Organize the pre-selection of suitable test houses and associated vendors and subcontractors to be invited to bid on the service.
- Prepare necessary documentation and organize the internal review thereof for scope of work and all other related input to be used for the request for quotation for the testing services. This may include preparation and fabrication of the test samples, instrumentation and inspection services, test bench rental, QA/QC, as identified in the Test Program Execution Plan.
- Follow-up the progress of the preparation of the quotations by the subcontractors, providing the relevant clarifications, negotiate the technical and commercial conditions and align the subcontractors offers.
- Prepare a comparison of the offers and make a recommendation to award
- Prepare all necessary inputs to obtain CPY Contracts and management committees approval for the service subcontract.
- Manage the overall subcontract by providing necessary admin, project control and technical support and follow-up of the subcontractors and vendors.
- Provide technical guidance and steer the project execution towards successful completion.
- Review technical documentation and ensure full reporting of onsite activities to the COMPANY project team.
- Organize the logistics, site visits, QA/QC activities, in collaboration with the rest of the project team.
- Report on a regular basis to the project team as well as Company other experts involved in the test programme.
- Interface with the relevant internal COMPANY experts and EPCI contractors involved in the project.
- Participate in other project engineering and contractor follow up activities.
- Actively participate in Company safety awareness and initiative schemes
- Act in the best interest of COMPANY and adhere to the values and principles of the Company Code of Conduct.
- Starting date: early Q12024
- Duration: 12 months, renewable.
- Location: France, EPCI contractor office, Paris area.
- Travels: worldwide missions to other Vendors’ and Contractors’ sites.
- Status: residential
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Engineering degree or equivalent with major in mechanical / material science, hydrodynamics.
- Minimum 10 years experience in the subsea industry.
- Significant previous knowledge of projects involving rigid riser and flowline system in deepwater.
- Previous experience in the design of SHR and PiP system required.
- Deep understanding of the failure mode of the components considered.
- Good command of finite element analysis and computational mechanics to allow possible benchmarking / extrapolation of test results using numerical models.
- Significant previous experience in the management of component mechanical testing of rigid products, to be applied to pipeline and riser system, including eg full scale bending, full scale fatigue, etc applied to EPCI project or R&D activities.
- Proven past experience of delivering similar test program within project budget and schedule.
- Previous experience of riser and pipeline system design overall, with deep understanding of in-place and installation loads and service conditions.
- Good command of mechanical weakness related to stress concentrations and impact on failure modes such as fatigue of welds etc.
- Competencies in Finite Element Analysis of pipelines, spools and jumpers or riser modelling (eg Flexcom, Abaqus, Orcaflex)
- English is used throughout the project, French language is an advantage
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.