NES Fircroft has a rare opening for an expat Rotating Equipment Maintenance Engineer to be a key part of one of the largest producing oilfields in the world.
This is a unique opportunity and requires a candidate with a deep experience in the reliability, maintenance and efficiency of rotating equipment.
Due to the age of the facilities, you would be responsible for aging equipment from the 1950's, right through to cutting-edge microturbines.Role Synopsis
- The Rotating Equipment Engineer will report to the Rotating Equipment Manager in the Reliability and Maintenance Department and is accountable for safe and reliable operations by ensuring compliance with Company Values and Standards.
- The Rotating Equipment engineer will be tasked with ownership of Company rotating equipment and ensuring reliability driven improvements are made in support of Oil asset’s production targets.
- The role will also provide direct technical support to Ops and Maintenance technicians to diagnose equipment issues, requiring strong site presence.
- In addition, the Rotating Equipment Engineer will be a mentor and coach to the maintenance technicians and contractors in the areas of safety, reliability and efficient execution of work.
- Promote a culture of safety and continuous improvement.
- Ownership of equipment health and monitoring in support of achieving Oil Production targets
- Supports Rotating Equipment Manager in developing and delivering reliability improvements to rotating equipment.
- Support the execution of work in accordance with the Control of Work standards.
- Support the delivery of the Reliability and Maintenance Vision, Strategy and Priorities
- Support maintenance teams to deliver integrity improvement initiatives within assigned facilities.
- Oversee equipment overhauls and installations to ensure work is carried out to high standards
- Deliver timely, efficient, and high-quality maintenance activities at Oil treatment and production stations.
- Coordinate with Production/Operations staff to identify/prioritize and schedule maintenance activities.
- Advise and coach a multi-disciplined Iraqi Maintenance workforce at assigned assets.
- Ensure maintenance work is identified, planned, and documented in the CMMS system.
- Maintain rotating equipment performance KPIs and act accordingly to improve performance where needed.
- Champion delivery of work management processes.
- Identify areas of improvement in safety, reliability, and efficient execution of work
- Implement preventive and predictive maintenance strategies to drive long term reliability improvement
- Carry out RCFA with local staff and implement improvement actions
- Develop PMRs and spare part lists for rotating equipment in Oil Treatment and Production Assets.
- Maintains the relevant suite of engineering processes and tools for the discipline. Ensures compliance to agreed regional Standards and Processes.
- Promote implementation and utilisation of condition monitoring and diagnostic capability for rotating equipment, which includes Lube Oil Analysis, System1 for vibration analysis, electric motor condition monitoring, etc.
- Ensures that high quality reliability/availability performance data for rotating equipment is collected and processed.
- Perform continuous improvement on reliability/availability of rotating equipment through improved operating protocols, design enhancements and optimised maintenance intervals. Relevant considerations include OEM improvements, learnings from RCFA investigations, condition monitoring and diagnostics, quality of fuel/oil/air, critical spares.
- Monitor rotating equipment obsolescence and develop both interim mitigating actions and long-term plans to address.
- Develop work pack and write method statement for maintenance execution team.
- Analyse problems or deficiencies and developing short, medium, long-term solutions to resolve them.
- Keep equipment operational by advising maintenance and repair services, following manufacturer’s instructions, international standards and codes, and established company procedures.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
Desirable criteria and qualifications
- 15 years of extensive and relevant industry experience in rotating equipment maintenance repairs, engineering, reliability or other plant experience and must have demonstrated strong leadership capabilities.
- Experience in pump condition monitoring - able to take and analyse pump performance data, vibration readings, sample results, and make recommendations based on these results.
- Familiar with carrying out hands-on supervision of pump overhauls.
- Key skills include communication, interpersonal relationships, facilitation, influencing, and negotiating
- Ability to develop others and foster diverse relationships in a multicultural environment
- Ability to identify correct priorities of maintenance activities
- Identify and assess safety hazards
- Ability to review vendor’s engineering documents, datasheets, design drawing and raise comments and challenges as necessary.
- Ability to perform engineering calculations to assess pump performance and assess vendor recommendation as required.
- Ability to speak Arabic would be beneficial but not essential.
- Any experience with Ruston turbines would be an added benefit.
- A passion and relentless drive for continuous improvement
- Strong knowledge in International Standards and Codes for rotating equipment
- Strong use of IT systems to analyse data, and produce reports & KPI’s etc
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience influencing operating teams and contractors
- Strong cultural awareness
- Able to prioritise work in a high activity environment
- Able to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong bias for being proactive and getting results
- Demonstrate planning, organizational and communication skills
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.