A SAFETY OFFICER is responsible for ensuring the Management System and associated COPs are implemented effectively. Will ensure all daily operational and maintenance activities are carried out according to Management System requirements. The Safety Officer is authorised to implement relevant aspects of the Management System, under the final authority of the OIM/Unit Superintendent. Job Description:
Contribute to the maintenance of Health, Safety and Management Systems and Operational Requirements
- Assess sources of safety information for relevance to the operation and self development needs.
- Actively seek and update information on developments in safety related areas and make available to relevant personnel
- Implement Safety Management Systems within personal responsibility and operational requirements.
- Clearly and accurately record results of monitoring activities as appropriate
Contribute to the Maintenance of the Working Environment and Operational Requirements
- Carry out inspections effectively and accurately obtaining and recording results accurately
- Identify, prioritise and act upon potential or real hazards or deviations from requirements discovered.
- Maintain effective working relationships with external and internal inspection/audit teams and cooperate as required
- Facilitate access of inspection/audit teams to appropriate information
Contribute To The Development And Maintenance Of A Health And Safety Culture At The Workplace
- Information and advice is effectively presented, on request and proactively, to relevant personnel
- Effectively communicate recommendations for improvement to relevant personnel
- Effectively provide information regarding potential hazards and trends
- Maintain the profile of Safety as a company goal and give safe behaviour a high value through actions and communications.
- Minimum 5 years hydrocarbon Production Operations processing experience on or offshore OR 5 years as Safety Officer in similar environment
- FPSO experience preferred
- Highly experienced in use and operation of PTW, Risk Assessment, Gas Testing, safe control and monitoring of all hazardous maintenance activities including hot work and confined space entry
- Qualified to Minimum NEBOSH Cert preferred, NEBOSH Diploma would be an advantage.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.