NES Advantage is a specialized in-house recruitment partner to Aker Solutions.
Aker Solutions take care of energy assets in a Life Cycle perspective. From the start to end of production Aker Solutions ensures safe operations, optimizes field utilization, and enables field life-extensions. We do business development and execute modifications and maintenance projects. There is a global trend towards decarbonization, and we aim to help our customers to decarbonize their operations and measure their emissions to manage them more efficiently, for instance by delivering brownfield electrification of existing offshore facilities. Now we explore opportunities in the aftermarket for renewables, to deliver offshore maintenance for the renewable sector when the market is ready. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Aker Solutions is looking for a SAS Engineer
with experience in onshore or offshore projects. The project is based in Trondheim
and will be led from there.Position Responsibilities:
- Participate as a SAS engineer in EPCI modification and/or maintenance contracts.
- Responsible for SAS system design and integration.
- Take part in fire and gas safety reviews.
- Contribute to the system design of process, utility, and electrical systems, such as interfaces, FS, SCD, and HMI input.
- Oversee system design for equipment packages and electrical automation systems.
- Design solutions in accordance with our client's requirements.
- Monitor vendors and vendor technical documentation.
- Participate in test activities and/or Factory Acceptance Testing.
- Ensure that vendor and engineering information required for the progress of the work is identified and communicated to project interfaces with other disciplines, suppliers, and the client.
- Generate and complete engineering documents and data registers.
- Prepare engineering documents such as F&G, C&E, SCDs, ESD/PSD Block logic, and work packages.
Skills and Levels Description:
More reasons to work with us:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an engineer.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to specify, dimension, and integrate process control and monitoring systems, fire and gas detection, and protection/shutdown systems, including field devices and safety shutdown systems (ESD and PSD).
- Capability to take responsibility and ownership of the procurement process for a discipline or multidiscipline procurement package.
- Proficiency in providing necessary support during the installation and MC (Mechanical Completion) of SAS-related equipment and modifications.
- Skill in developing and maintaining system design documentation, such as system philosophies and specifications, including alarm specifications.
- Competence in performing analysis and calculations according to IEC 61508/61511 standards.
- Ability to translate process functionality to the system supplier effectively.
- Effective follow-up of supplier documentation and verification of resulting software and hardware deliverables.
- Capability to interact with and comprehend input documentation from source disciplines like process, electrical, and safety.
- Preferably with experience in the Subsea sector and the ability to manage interfaces with subsea components.
- Opportunity to grow your network and develop professionally by integrating yourself into highly competent teams within world-renowned organizations in the energy sector.
- Competitive compensation packages and benefits that include pension schemes and insurance.
- On-going support from our experienced recruitment and back-office support professionals.
- Exclusive access to all Aker Solutions’ project positions in Norway, with access to permanent positions when these are offered.
- NES Advantage is the only company that has frame agreement with Aker Solutions for project employments.
For more information about the position, please contact:
If you find this opportunity appealing, please submit your application via our website, as we will not process applications received via email. Applications will be evaluated on an ongoing basis.NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services. As project employee you will be employed by NES Advantage Solutions AS, working for Aker Solutions.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.