• To act as the scaffold design engineer for the MEHA scope of works at Hinkley Point C nuclear new build power station.
• To ensure all Designs are developed and adhered to during the erection of Temporary Works
• Production of drawings using the latest AutoCAD and other Autodesk software.
• Creation of detailed engineering calculations in accordance with the relevant British and European standards using structural analysis software where required.
• Production of all relevant documentation in adherence with company and MEHJV procedures along with CDM regulations.
• Liaison with partner Design management, MEHJV partners, operational supervisors and client representatives to ensure optimum solutions are reached.
• Provision of guidance, advice and technical support where applicable.
• Checking of designs in accordance with BS5975
• Uphold the HPC way and HPC site best practices at all times.
Minimum Qualifications/ Experience
• HNC, HND or Degree in civil, mechanical or structural engineering.
• Minimum 3 years - experience in the design of scaffolding structures
• Problem solver, organised, ability to prioritise and deliver within a high-paced environment.
• I.T. literate and fully proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office. A working knowledge of structural analysis software would be a distinct advantage.
• Commitment drive and the ability to work on one’s own initiative.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.