Must be within driving distance of Decatur, Alabama OR willing to relocate.
Basic Job Functions:
Supervises and leads assigned shift engineering and shift maintenance technicians in the repair and process control of semiconductor equipment to meet shift goals in terms of Safety, Quality, Yield, and Throughput, in a cost-efficient manner.
- High school diploma or GED plus 3 years of supervisory experience with 2 years technical work experience in manufacturing, maintenance, or engineering OR
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in engineering, mechanical or electrical field with no experience.
- Experience in vacuum system, thermal, laser systems, electrical, mechanical, and chemical industrial applications is preferred.
- Managed or participated in continuous improvement projects is preferred.
- Electrical and Mechanical knowledge are required.
- Knowledge of Vacuum and Thermal systems, Laser operations, and Wet Chemistry operation are desired.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, engineering controls, and equipment experience is preferred.
- Excellent process and equipment troubleshooting and structural problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Possess strong leadership, interpersonal skills, analytic skills, and ability to lead a flexible workforce.
- Excellent organizational, supervisory, decision-making, and planning skills.
- Proven ability to manage production associates effectively in terms of leading, supervising, coaching, training, and developing direct reports.
- Knowledgeable in structural problem solving and analysis such as 5-Why Analysis, Fishbone diagram and 7-Steps.
- Understands and can apply Statistical Data Analysis and Statistical Process Control (SPC), structural problem- solving tools (such as DMAIC).
- Demonstrate ability to analyze engineering and statistical data, driven corrective/ improvement action accordingly. JMP experience a plus.
- Preferred certified Lean Six Sigma Green belt.
- Good knowledge on EHS/Safety and Quality systems (ISO14001/ ISO9001/ ISO4500/ OSHA)
- Familiarity with Asset Management and Maintenance applications required. Maximo/CMMS, SAP, or Oracle preferred.
- Basic knowledge to work with different computer/ devices applications e.g., Mobile systems, Communication devices, Interface with Machine Control Panels and HMI interface.
- Experience with LOTO procedures, Mechanical and Electrical and stored energy hazards with good awareness of Control of Hazardous Energies.
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office suite programs and analysis software.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Adheres to all safety procedures and good housekeeping standards, including our 5S system.
- Responsible for the assigned shift uptime and process control within the semiconductor area, following escalation procedures as needed for support.
- Supervises on-site service, trouble shooting and repairing of semiconductor process equipment and ensure good return-to-production (RTP) buy off prior to production run.
- Act a 1st level of escalation for semiconductor tools (process and repair)
- Plans and supervises the scheduling of daily work assignments of all engineering and maintenance technicians assigned to semiconductor area on respective shift.
- Assures the process of record is executed and production readiness is maintained with production and process technical objectives and events are met.
- Ensures the semiconductor activities (pitstops, target changes, wetline and laser PM’s, etc.) are performed to effectively with the highest level of quality.
- Ensure all semiconductor processes are running on target as defined by the Process Control Plan.
- Support operations, engineering, and integration teams in identifying, assigning cause and implementing improvement actions on yield excursions and performance issues.
- Ensure team is responding to SPC alarms and bring processes back into control.
- Provides direction to shift engineering, shift maintenance, onsite contractors, and vendors to ensure and enforce the company's standards and policies. This includes ensuring Environmental Health and Safety requirements are met.
- Responsible for communicating systems and policies to direct reports.
- Responsible for working with the appropriate departments to handle employee relations issues.
- Responsible for training and developing direct reports and setting objectives.
- Serves as a liaison for the related functional department for continuous improvement in the manufacturing operation.
- Coordinate production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers within semiconductor area.
- Effective use of internal application software for process and maintenance tracking.
- Interfaces with other departments and manages timely completion ETA/projects as required.
- Utilizes structural problem-solving methodology to troubleshoot issues.
- Responsible for maintenance system compliance including closing out work orders, handheld scanner compliance, job plan audits and keeping track of process tool correct E10 status.
- Manage time keeping of all assigned shift engineering and maintenance technicians, responsible for shift schedule and coordinate with Human Resources for appropriate staffing levels.
- Responsible for handling disciplinary actions with the associate involved.
- Responsible for effective communication levels and foster team building.
- Oversee the responsibilities of engineering and maintenance technicians to manage and dispose properly the hazardous waste generated from routine, troubleshooting/ maintenance jobs performed in the either building.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Job description subject to change at any time.
- This position reports to the Area Manager – Semiconductor.
- This position will have direct reports.
US Physical Requirements:
- Will sit, stand, or walk short distances for up to 12 hours per day.
- Will climb stairs on an occasional basis.
- Will exert up to 50 pounds of force to lift, push or pull on a seldom basis.
- Will lift, push, or pull up to 27 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Will lift up to 51 pounds on an occasional basis, according to work instructions.
- Will lift up to 37 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Will push or pull up to 27 pounds of force on an occasional basis.
- Will push or pull up to 10 pounds of force on a frequent basis.
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects repetitively on a frequent basis.
- 20/40 vision in each eye, with or without correction, is required.
- Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures.
- May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis.
- May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective jacket or apron and arm guards).
All associates working on the production floor may be required to wear a respirator at any given time and thus, the ability to wear a respirator is a condition of employment and continued employment (requires little or no facial hair).
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.