Senior Accountant Offshore Wind West London, UK Hybrid (3 days a week in the office) 6 Month Contract (Temp to Perm) £40 - £45 per hour (Inside IR35)
My Client, a key player in the UK’s energy transition are recruiting for a Senior Accountant to report in to the Senior Finance Manager for Offshore Wind. The primary purpose of this role is ensuring the accuracy of financial transactions, compliance with accounting standards for the offshore wind farm entities.
They are looking to bring someone into the team, initially on a 6-Month Contract with the option to then move into a permanent position. Role Responsibilities
- Prepare statutory financial statements under International Accounting Standards (“IFRS’s’) & (UK GAAP).
- Maintain financial accounting systems including a responsibility for ensuring that key reconciliations and controls are carried out of bank accounts, balance sheets, and income statements.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies or irregularities.
- Ensure that systems and procedures are documented an instilling a culture of continuous improvement in the team.
- Coordinate with and support the statutory auditor on the annual audit for all UK entities ensuring timely and complete compliance with group reporting requirements (i.e. issuance of clearance for group reporting purposes) and timely finalisation and filing of audited financial statements.
- Has a general understanding of Corporation Tax and VAT and remain abreast of relevant local, and global taxation rules, regulations, and conditions.
- Ensure strong knowledge of all aspects of Financial Reporting
- Involved in financial audits and build relationship with auditors.
- Provide ongoing financial management and control oversight.
- Assist in management of financial compliance matters.
- 6+ years of experience in accounting working as a finalist/newly qualified ACCA, ACA, CIMA accountant in a corporate or scale-up environment.
- Qualified AAT with 9+ years’ accounting experience also considered.
- Proven experience as a Senior Accountant or similar role within offshore wind or renewables sectors (desirable).
- Strong knowledge and proficiency with cloud-based accounting software such as Xero (web services, Statutory accounts software, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within an entrepreneurial thinking environment (desirable).
- Strong analytical skills and sound understanding of process and transactional flows
- Business logic and commercial acumen
- Extensive knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and UK GAAP
- Extensive knowledge of various accounting processes and an understanding of internal controls
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.