NES Fircroft are working with a Leading Utilities provider within Government Resources seeking a HR Specialist within Case Management to join their team. Job Title:
People Advisor (HR Case Management) Reports to:
Team Lead – People & Employment RelationsLocation:
ASAPLength of Contract:
Initial 3 month contract with the view to go permanent after probationPay Rate:
Support the Manager and Senior Advisors – People Advisory on a range of people management and employment relations (ER) matters, to minimise risk, improve culture and performance in line with strategy to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Human Resources Support - Provide accurate, consistent and timely advice which reinforces the key pillars of the organisation’s People Strategy with the support of the Senior Advisors and Manager as necessary.
- Provide support to employees and leaders alike to ensure people activities are conducted in line with corporate policies and procedures.
- Utilise HR analytical tools to assist in delivering business priorities and initiatives.
- Provide advice on the interpretation of enterprise agreements, modern awards and employment contracts.
- Case Management - Conduct workplace investigations of low to moderate complexity in line with corporate policies and procedures.
- Advise leaders on matters relating to performance improvement, assisting leaders with the development of performance improvement plans and informal performance improvement processes.
- Advise leaders on matters relating to workplace behaviours and matters of minor misconduct, with the aim to improve leadership capability, workplace culture and relationships within the affected team/area.
- Assist leaders to deliver low level disciplinary outcomes resulting from workplace investigations and performance improvement processes.
- Coach and advise leaders on matters relating to fitness for work (non-work related injuries/illnesses) of low to moderate complexity to ensure any adjustments made (temporary or permanent) are reasonable and documented and matters monitored and escalated appropriately.
- Conduct analysis on case management data to identify root causes and insights related to conduct, performance and fitness for work (non-work related) issues and share findings with the People Advisory team.
- Business Improvement - Share expertise across the organisation through the delivery of training and/or individual coaching.
- Support team members within the business unit by sharing knowledge on business issues, current industry practice and policies and procedures.
- Assist in the delivery of programs as required with the view to supporting the business unit to deliver upon its objectives.
- Develop tools and resources to support People Advisory, Employee Relations and leaders.
Ethics and Compliance
- Ensure the business unit’s activities comply with relevant legislation, regulatory requirements, corporate policy and the Code of Conduct.
- Maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to all issues.
- Carry out the responsibilities of the position in accordance with Company Code of Conduct, Equity and Diversity Policy, Occupational Safety and Health policies and procedures, and behave and interact with colleagues in accordance with the Corporation's relevant standards, values and policies.
- Prepare Public Sector Commission and Crime and Corruption Commission reports for Risk and Assurance in accordance with legislation.
- Perform the duties associated with your position, as well as other duties reasonably requested by the corporation
Essential Appointment Criteria:
- Degree qualification in Human Resources Management or a related discipline.
- Relevant experience in a HR generalist role in a medium to large multi-disciplined organisation.
- Relevant experience resolving low risk workplace grievances and disputes and supporting leaders to manage performance, disciplinary and minor misconduct matters.
- Relevant experience in identifying and mitigating HR related risks to achieve effective outcomes.
- Relevant experience interpreting and providing advice on industrial instruments, policies and procedures.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrates sound knowledge and understanding of contemporary HR theory and practice.
- Relevant experience providing support and advice to leaders on a range of HR matters, to achieve improvement in employee experience and business outcomes.
- Relevant experience analysing and reporting on people data to inform business challenges.
- Strong written communication skills; the ability to present complex matters in a clear and concise manner and adapted to the relevant audience.
BH ID 248572
- Ability to successfully engage a range of people in a professional and personable manner including managers, employees, unions and HR stakeholders.
- Communicates effectively using a broad range of communication methods and demonstrates interpersonal, negotiation, and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to participate as a member of a team to enhance business capability
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.