SENIOR AUDITOR - IT AUDIT AND DATA ANALYTICS, QATAR
NES Oil and Gas client in Qatar is looking to hire a Senior Auditor with a strong professional experience in IT Audit and Data Analytics.
Your Job Accountabilities are:
• Performs complex level professional IT internal auditing work. Work involves leading information technology audit projects and providing data analytics support as part of internal audits.
• Possess hands on experience of the IT data analytics tools and ERP SAP reporting. Conducts data extraction, validation, analysis and reporting utilizing software tools.
• Responsible for identifying technology risks, and application controls, including IT security and internal controls.
• Determines key IT risks and tests the effectiveness of the related key controls. Documents and issues/deficiencies and ensures that management remediates such deficiencies.
• Plans and conducts IT audits of the following areas –Network and application access/security; - Change Management over operating systems, other infrastructure systems/devices and business applications (in-house/third party); -
Intrusion prevention, detection and response; - General data center operating controls; - Disaster recovery and business continuity; - Systems development life cycle; - Help desk; - Targeted firewall audits; - IT hardware inventory; other audits
as necessary to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of other significant IT areas; - other general and transactional level application controls for significant systems as necessary and/or in connection with a financial or operational audit
(coordinated approach between IT and operational auditors).
• Works with external auditors and other assurance providers. Typical activities include documenting IT walkthroughs and annual testing in external format, where requested to facilitate their use and reliance.
• Ensures all audit procedures and activities are carried out and documented in accordance with Corporate Internal Audit Standards, which include professional internal audit standards and applicable Company standards.
• Reviews staff working papers (WP’s), memos and reports and develops appropriate review notes to ensure quality of WP’s, accuracy and appropriateness of judgments and conclusions contained therein and compliance with department
standards in WP’s and to promote staff development.
• Assess information technology control elements to mitigate IT risks regarding the confidentiality, integrity and availability of business information
• Provides or assists in providing training, coaching and guidance to Internal Audit Staff in conducting IT audits and IT other audits related issues.
• Reviews all internal audit scopes for potential IT risk areas. Prepares internal audit reports, audit plans, progress reports, and early reports on potential significant findings.
• Conducts follow-up of prior audit observations to ensure agreed actions are implemented by the Auditee.
• Trains and develops Auditors “on the job” regarding IAD standards, audit process, company business and processes, observation and report writing, in order to ensure continuous development of IAD talent pool.
• Conducts special reviews under supervision of Head or Audit Specialist as requested by CIA in order to address specific concerns of senior management.
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Accounting, or Business Administration
• 8+ years relevant IT audit experience in Petroleum/Banking/FMCG industry or experience in professional auditing
• Membership in the Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) or other relevant IT audit /internal audit certification are highly desirable. and audit certification (e.g., CA, CIA, CPA) will be an advantage
• Strong background in IT risk assessment & auditing and IT data analytics involving large data set.
• Strong knowledge of Institute of Internal Audit professional standards and auditing processes.
• Knowledge of SAP, Teammate, ACL or other similar Audit tools.
• Awareness of IT security and auditing standards.
• Able to maintain good judgment, manage conflict, lead and influence objectively with tact and persuasion.
• Computer literacy with ability to use word-processing, spreadsheets, databases and graphics applications.
If you possess these skills and hold the mentioned qualifications, send your cv to Benita.Surrao@nesfircroft.com
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.