C&I Senior Engineer (Contract)
NES Fircroft are working with a client who specialise in the delivery of construction and upgrade services to the the oil and gas and petrochemical sectors. They are looking for 2 C&I Senior Engineers to work with them on a 9-12 month PAYE contract based in either Teesside, Glasgow or Grangemouth. Role
They are currently looking for a Senior C&I Engineer to join the business, to work on Renewable Hydrogen projects and traditional Oil & Gas Projects within our Major Projects division with experience in Brownfield and Greenfield projects, covering FEED and EPC work. Key Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications Qualifications:
- Technically responsible for all C&I and Telecoms engineering work and allocating. Subject to project size, will delegate some level of supervision and specific checking activities to appropriate competent personnel.
- Capable of formulating resolutions and supervision of technically challenging and/or high-profile issues, with support from Consultant Engineer / Lead Engineer or Project Engineering Manager, and effectively communicating with Clients and Senior Management.
- Supervises, reviews, and checks the C&I and Telecoms activities including: Philosophies, Specifications, Shut Down Cause & Effect Charts, Schedules, Drawings & Diagrams, Datasheets and Technical Requisitions for long lead items.
- Identifies and resolves discrepancies and divergences from original proposal / contract by raising technical queries with projects / client.
- Experienced in Delivering Safety Lifecycle Documentation inline with IEC 61511
- Capable of participating in Factory Acceptance Tests.
- Participates in multi-discipline Engineering Design Reviews and provides all necessary C&I and Telecoms engineering input and support to close out of actions.
- Identifies a clear scope of work and prepares the Master Document Register (MDR). Responsible for planning / scheduling the C&I and Telecoms engineering activities and manpower resource. Quantifies the total number of engineering deliverables, man-hour allocation and format of delivery, and other requirements for execution of the work. Provides necessary regular project controls / reporting input to Project Management.
- Provides support to Procurement including for long lead item enquiry prepares Technical Requisitions, reviews vendor documentation, and provides Technical Bid Evaluation support to ensure design conformance.
- Ensures compatibility and conformance with client specifications and recommends cost effective improvements to equipment selection / specifications within the scope of client specifications and requirements.
- Consults Quality Assurance with any quality issues ensuring compliance with the client's ISO Quality procedures, Project Quality Plan and Design Integrity processes and procedures.
- Performs related duties as and when instructed by the C&I Group Manager.
- BSc / BEng, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- TUV Rheinland SIS Functional Safety Qualification
- Minimum of 5 years general engineering experience with at least 3 years in the Process & Energy business sector focusing on the design office and field engineering.
- Well-developed understanding of Matrix management systems and organisational structures
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to problem-solve effectively
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively work in a team
- Attention to detail
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, and engineering design programs.
- Leadership ability/skills with ability to delegate effectively
- Understanding of British and common international standards and regulatory authority requirements in the Process & Energy Sector
- Construction and commissioning site experience
- Good commercial contractual awareness/risk management skills
- Experience with other disciplines including processing plant construction, commissioning, and operation
- Good verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal and organisational skill
- Motivating and empowering management style
- Personal integrity and trustworthiness.
- Pro-active attitude.
- A willingness to treat all people with respect, integrity, and consistency.
- High levels of initiative and “get up and go” to manage own workflow to meet objectives.
- A capacity for persistence and resilience and patience in a sometimes-challenging environment.
- An appreciation of the value of teamwork and willingness to work as part of a team, providing support for other team members as required.
To apply for this position, please submit your updated CV.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.