On behalf of our client, Chevron, NES Fircroft are looking for a Senior Contracts Advisor to join the Capital Projects (Subsea) team initially until October 2025.
This role would be based in Perth and responsible for all aspects of pre and post award contract management. Key Job Responsibilities Pre-Award Contracting
Post Award Contract Management
- Lead all aspect of contract formulation, contractor qualification, tender management, evaluations, and strategic contracting activities required to deliver the Capital Projects Contracting Plan through FEED, execution, and commissioning.
- Lead effective stakeholder management and collaboration with cross functional teams across various projects to deliver strategic outcomes.
- Strong commercial acumen and contractor relationship management skills with a focus on ensuring end to end value is maintained throughout the contract lifecycle.
- Providing proactive advice to various stakeholder on the interpretation and implementation of contract terms, lead contract negotiations, undertake market intelligence analysis and identify risk mitigation.
- Ensuring effective scopes of work and compensation terms that drive strong contractor performance.
- Lead the development and implementation of execution strategies for various subsea installation contracts.
Contract Systems and Work Processes
- Act as contracts lead for allocated portfolio of subsea installation contracts.
- Ensure contract transactions are in accordance with the contract terms through engagement with contractors and internal stakeholders.
- Lead post award activities, including contract kick offs, contract change management, adherence to contract obligations, contract close out and the effective transition of works to operations.
- Communicates with Package Leads and provides guidance to ensure work is carried out in compliance with Company policies, processes and procedures.
- Leads negotiations to resolve commercial issues and claims with contractors, working closely with legal and other SME’s.
- Accountable for timely close out of audit findings and eliminating root cause of audit findings in assigned portfolio of contracts.
- Ensure adherence to contracting processes and procedures, including necessary approvals.
- Responsible to ensure all compliance needs of contracts are satisfied.
- Actively shares contracting best practices and lessons learned with the broader team.
- Support and use of company standard contracting tools and systems and a desire to embrace digital solutions to simplify work processes.
- Accountable for timely delivery of contracts against the Capital Projects Contracting Plan.
- Mentoring peers when the opportunity presents.
- Strong previous contracting experience with Subsea Installation Contracts on Major Capital Projects is preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously when required.
- Able to provide extensive guidance on the contracting risk philosophy, processes, and procedures.
- Able to manage and deliver a broad portfolio of contract packages at different stages of the contracting lifecycle.
- Has excellent stakeholder engagement and communication skills, and the ability to interface with key internal and external project/BU stakeholders.
- Ensures that tools, templates, examples, and key lessons learned are documented, shared and applied.
- Visible champion for the use of digital technologies to support process improvement and execution.
- Strong commitment to Operational Excellence and an ability to work collaboratively within a cross functional teams focused on creating a safe, diverse, and inclusive work environment that builds up team members
* Candidates with Australian working rights only will be considered*
Please apply today!
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.