Senior EI&C ConsultantJob Type:
NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the energy industry. Our client, a fast-growing technology licensor making advancements in the Oil & Gas sector, has a permanent opportunity for a Vice President of Engineering to be based in Houston, TX.OverviewOur client is a terminaling and transportation master limited partnership providing integrated terminaling, storage, transportation and related services for customers engaged in the distribution and marketing of petroleum products, crude oil, chemicals, fertilizers and other liquid products.Position Summary:The EI&C Engineer oversees, designs, and develops electrical, instrumentation and control systems for construction and maintenance projects at all terminals and pipeline facilities.Responsibilities
Position QualificationsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Develop, design, maintain, and commission a variety of control systems
- Develop scopes of work, cost estimates, and budgets for projects as assigned
- Support, maintain, and modify existing SCADA control centers and HMI stations
- Perform conceptual through detailed engineering, including coordination with internal design/drafting functions and third-party support firms
- Prepare bid documents and coordinates with Purchasing Department from the bidder and vendor invitation through the selection
- Manage, direct, coordinate, and expedite construction and maintenance projects at terminals and pipeline facilities
- Maintain timely project cost control and record keeping
- Create project schedules in collaboration with management, reviews production performance and make adjustments as necessary to maintain schedules
- Provide management with progress status reports on all projects
- Represent us with outside entities and agencies during project execution to ensure continuity throughout the project lifecycle
- Oversee and execute start-up activities of terminal, pipe, and pipeline projects as defined in the project plan
- Provide initial instruction for operations personnel on new and upgraded control system equipment
- Ensures compliance with safety standards for all construction and maintenance projects and conducts contractor safety meetings as required
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards for assigned projects
- Executes studies
- Provides operations support during systems startup and troubleshooting
- Performs other duties as required
Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Strong working knowledge of programmable logic controllers (PLC) hardware and software. Experience with Allen Bradley and Emerson PLCs preferred.
- Working knowledge of associated graphical user interfaces/operator control panels (HMI). Experience with Wonderware preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience with electrical instrumentation
- Must have a working knowledge of P&IDs, electric schematics, technical manuals, and data.
- Experience with a broad range of petroleum products and/or chemicals
- Working knowledge of the following engineering standards: ASME, NFPA, API, DOT-195, and SPCC
- Must be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others.
- Self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision and/or direction
- Flexible and able to work effectively in a team environment and consistently maintain a professional and respectful demeanor and attitude with co-workers, clients, vendors, and regulatory agencies
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work under time constraints and changing priorities, and can consistently deliver on-time and on-budget projects
Travel:Up to 50% travel in busy project season. Monday through Friday travel only. Requires the ability to travel to field locations where the environment may vary significantly.Physical Requirements:The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited four year university or college is required
- A minimum of (2) year of pipeline and/or terminaling experience is preferred
- Experience with a range of petroleum commodities including refined liquids, LPGs, alternative fuels, asphalt and chemicals
- Experience in the implementation of Process Control Systems
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license is a plus, but not required
- Possess and maintain valid driver's license
- Able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential Card (TWIC) within the appropriate time frame
- Able to fly both domestically and internationally and able to obtain a valid passport
- The employee must occasionally position, transport and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand; walk; move across large areas including uneven terrain, sometimes quickly;
- Be stationary for long periods of time;
- Work in confined or restrictive working spaces;
- Ascend stairs or ladders, work atop tanks, traverse metal walkways at heights;
- Balance with equipment and while moving large and/or heavy objects;
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
- Reach with hands and arms above the head and to ground level;
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl or otherwise reach into confined spaces;
- Push and pull material and equipment from one place to another;
- Communicate with and exchange information verbally and in writing;
- Operate a motorized vehicle during the work shift;
- Move about in an office environment;
- Work using repetitive motion.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work requires physical efforts associated with using the computer and phones to access information.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is:
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.This position is required to be performed at the work site during regularly scheduled hours. Physical presence at the work site is required.This job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide the incumbent with a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
- Frequently in an office environment.
- Occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places.
- Occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, hand tools and small to medium-sized power tool use.
- Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- Occasionally exposed to non-toxic propane fumes or airborne particles.
- Occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.