This client in the offshore wind industry has a diverse group of team players, change makers and leaders in the delivery of fixed offshore wind projects.
We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer
to join our Cables Department
in the Zoetermeer (The Netherlands)
offices. What you will be doing
- Undertakes responsibility for production of deliverables, which may include engineering support to the Drawing Office, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various 3rd-party submissions.
- Signs and issues technical documentation as originator or checker, accepting personal responsibility for its content.
- May agree and monitor performance requirements with direct reports. Where necessary provide day to day guidance.
- Ensures all relevant safety standards and legal requirements are met.
- Represents the Company in meetings/correspondence with Clients, Subcontractors, 3rd Parties etc.
What you will bring to the team
- Support the Principal Engineer and Project Engineering Manager in performing and coordinating engineering for effective project delivery.
- Ensure full traceability of the technical development of the assigned scope throughout the life of the project.
- Provide technical support to local tendering teams.
- Agree and monitor performance standards with direct reports.
- Understand Supply Chain Management (SCM) processes and key SCM commodity strategies.
- Actively engage in the project risk assessment and mitigation processes.
- Undertake, and check others’, analysis, design and engineering activities associated with works.
- Design and detailing in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides; Client Specifications and Scopes of Work.
It’s the commitment and enthusiasm of our people that gives us our energy to create change and make an impact for the future. And we want you to bring your personality, skills and experience, powering us to be leaders in fixed offshore wind.
- Sound communication skills, oral, written and
- Ability to prioritise own and others’ workload, manage time and change control accordingly
- Ability to control interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, client etc
- Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints
- Have genuine spirit of team playing.
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development
- Ability to guide and Mentor graduates and junior engineers.
- Demonstrable experience in high voltage cables and termination accessories.
- Experience in cables FAT and SAT.
- Be acquainted with cable monitoring systems.
At times, there may be specific qualifications we’re looking for, but we also recognise the power of transferrable skills, so if you feel you have some of the relevant skills and experience, we’re looking for, we want to hear from you. What we can offer you
We offer the opportunity to create a future to be proud of, for generations to come. Whatever the role, wherever the location, everyone plays a part.
And when we say everyone, we mean everyone. Because we believe that it’s our team spirit that makes us special. Whether we’re getting stuck in, overcoming a challenge, or celebrating a success, we always do it together.
Alongside this, we’re continually creating the environment for you to be at your best – in and outside of work. This includes:
- Career development – access to a range of learning opportunities, as well as being part of a culture that encourages growth and development.
- Flexible working – everyone has commitments, responsibilities and passions outside of work. With a range of patterns available including hybrid, part-time or flexitime working, let’s discuss how we make time for what matters to you.
- A holistic benefits package – we pride ourselves in offering a wide range of benefits that support your financial, emotional, and physical wellbeing.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.