Senior Electrical Engineer specialising in system integration engineering of various electrical equipment to deliver medium to large scale projects, including high voltage grid connections. Effective package management of sub supplies, factories and interface engineering to customer asset.
Proactive communication with project manager, line manager, customers, suppliers and other stakeholders (Sales, Operations, Factories, Service Units) to ensure customer needs are understood and met in an efficient and timely manner. Able to independently lead projects and mentor junior electrical engineers in the team. Very good communication skills required. Main Accountabilities - Responsibilities, Tasks & Interactions:
Scope includes but not limited to the following activities:
Requirements - Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Experience: Essential
- Analyse customer RFQ and communicate with customer to develop a scope of work
- Liaise with sales, bid & supply chain teams to develop detailed technical bids
- Carry out FEED/ Concept Studies and develop scope of work for detailed engineering
- Manage sub-supplier packages
- Work alongside Project Manager to deliver projects to time and budget
- Develop and produce interface drawings and interconnection drawings
- Carry out site surveys and site supervision roles during project execution
- Knowledge and experience in high voltage electrical equipment design/ integration (up to 400kV)
- Awareness of grid compliance requirements
- Knowledge and experience in modular substation design include integration of HM, MV, LV electrical switchgear, power transformers, UPSs, Distribution of lighting, HVAC etc.
- Knowledge and experience of cable calculations and specifications.
- Understanding of electrical power system studies and ability to review and approve technical content in reports
- Very good knowledge of electrical systems – including HV, MV & LV equipment from generation, grid connection to distribution to smaller loads.
- Awareness of power system studies including protection coordination studies and cable calculations
- Knowledge of grid code and other relevant international and British standards for electrical equipment
- Knowledge and experience of designing LERs including integration of HVAC, F&G and Lighting systems
- Experience in producing and reviewing electrical drawings using CAD
- Competent in writing scope of work documents, FEED reports and other large project documentation
- Very good communication skills
- Adaptable to changing project requirements and able to manage time and priorities
- Experience of power system modelling in ETAP/ DigSilent Power Factory
- Experience of wind or other renewables projects
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.