NES Advantage is a specialized in-house recruitment partner to Aker Solutions.
Aker Solutions take care of energy assets in a Life Cycle perspective. From the start to end of production Aker Solutions ensures safe operations, optimizes field utilization, and enables field life-extensions. We do business development and execute modifications and maintenance projects. There is a global trend towards decarbonization, and we aim to help our customers to decarbonize their operations and measure their emissions to manage them more efficiently, for instance by delivering brownfield electrification of existing offshore facilities. Now we explore opportunities in the aftermarket for renewables, to deliver offshore maintenance for the renewable sector when the market is ready. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Aker Solutions is now looking for a Senior Working Environment Engineer
with experience from onshore or offshore projects. The project is lead from Bergen
Related to the Mongstad Industrial Transformation (MIT) project, there is need for a senior working environment engineer. The MIT project aims to significantly reduce Scope 1 CO2 emissions from existing refinery and start transforming the site into new low carbon industry. Position Responsibilities:
Skills and Levels Description:
- Perform WEHRA (Working Environment Health Risk Analysis) according to requirements. The WEHRA shall include risk assessment for the areas comprised and affected by the modification.
- Risk reducing actions including detail analyses shall be allocated to the responsible discipline and ensure implementation in design.
- Perform a WEHRA to assess and document occupational health and safety risks for workers in the transient/temporary phases such as transportation, installation, and hook-up phase.
- Issue working environment area limits WEAL (Working Environment Area Limits) and include WEALs for procurement packages for input to Package Specification Templates.
- The WEALs shall include the areas affected by the modification.
- Limits for extremely low frequency electromagnetic field shall be included in the WEAL.
- Issue a project specific access guideline according to requirements and template in as given by Client.
- Project specific working environment acceptance criteria shall be established before the WEHRAis performed. They shall be based on external and internal requirements and concept specific characteristics.
- For qualitative risk analysis, only qualitative criteria are needed (e.g. a risk matrix). For modifications, identify established criteria and consider the need for establishing additional critria.
- A project specific noise and vibration allocation table (noise budget for main noise-emitting equipment) shall be established.
More reasons to work with us:
- Detailed knowledge of relevant Norwegian regulations: NORSOK S-002, S-005, S-011, S-012, C-002.
- Knowledge of other relevant standards.
- Relevant education at BSc or MSc level within science/engineering.
- Relevant experience within working environment engineering from Norwegian Oil & Gas or other relevant industry.
- Proactive with good communication and co-operation skills.
- Ability to work independently.
For more information about the position, please contact:
- Opportunity to grow your network and develop professionally by integrating yourself into highly competent teams within world-renowned organizations in the energy sector.
- Competitive compensation packages and benefits that include pension schemes and insurance.
- On-going support from our experienced recruitment and back-office support professionals.
- Exclusive access to all Aker Solutions’ project positions in Norway, with access to permanent positions when these are offered.
- NES Advantage is the only company that has frame agreement with Aker Solutions for project employments.
Ian Pedersen | Team Lead | NES Advantage Solutions AS | Ian.Pedersen@nesfircroft.com
If this appeals to you, please submit your application via our website as we will not process applications received via email. Applications will be evaluated continuously. NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services. As project employee you will be employed by NES Advantage Solutions AS, working for Aker Solutions.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.