Senior Engineering Manager
£60,000 - £65,000 + 10% Bonus
A world renowned Pharmaceutical company based in Northern Ireland are looking for a senior engineering manager to join the business and be responsible for the planning, management, coordination and financial control and delivery to programme of engineering projects. The company offer an abundance of benefits and opportunity and this really is an exciting time to be joining the business.
- Establish through consultation with project stakeholders the project requirements, scope of work and major project milestones, and thus determine mutually agreeable project objectives.
- Ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with the project governance process.
- Manage and influence project stakeholder groups and coordinate project resource to ensure successful project delivery.
- Ensure that solutions are delivered to within the timeframes established, agreed budget and to the quality of deliverables expected.
- Monitor, report and escalate project issues, risks, changes and progress to project stakeholders, sponsors, and line management.
- Lead the development of practical and cost effective engineering designs taking full account of the many competing factors; technical, operational and economic.
- Initiate enquiries with vendors, evaluate proposals and prepare accurate and realistic budget estimates and milestone project programmes for the purpose of gaining approval to acquire capital funds by management.
- Support tender process and supplier/contractor selection without bias in order to determine the optimal economic and technical solution for the business, negotiate costs and support the preparation of appointment and contract documentation.
- Organise testing, commissioning and validation of new facilities and equipment, assuring quality assurance, environmental, health and safety factors.
- Limit the company’s liabilities, by ensuring that standards, codes of practice and statutory requirements are incorporated into all stages of the project.
- Manage external consultants, engineers, and contractors during the project execution phase, ensuring all work carried out by them is within the requirements of the overall project remit.
- Ensure all works comply with relevant health and safety law such as the CDM regulations, LOLER, PUWER, HASAWA etc.
- Manage staff including discipline engineers, and contract engineers. Delegate tasks as appropriate to team members based on the level of the skill / experience of the team member and provide support, guidance and instruction to team members as required.
- Ensure that staff appraisals are completed on time and that development and training plans are in place for each role.
- Other duties as may be deemed appropriate by your manager and that fall within the general remit of the post
Please apply ASAP for immediate consideration