Title: Senior Fixed Equipment Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
Salary: Depending on Experience
NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse worldwide client base within the energy industry. Our client is one of the world's leading producers of ammonia. They specialize in capturing opportunities in low-emission fuel for shipping and power, carbon-free production, and ammonia for industrial applications. They have an exciting permanent opportunity for a Senior Fixed Engineer, located in Houston, TX.
As a Senior Fixed Equipment Engineer, you will:
- Be responsible for static equipment and package design, authority requirements and manufacturing methods.
- Have proven experience in design and engineering of static equipment including pressure vessel, heat exchanger, storage tanks as well as support to procurement, construction, repairs and maintenance.
- Follow up contractors during basic, FEED and detail engineering and fabrication phases in order to ensure the quality of the delivered equipment and safety of the works.
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines regarding material selection, fabrication and construction and certification of fixed equipment.
- Perform fitness for service evaluations and code compliance calculations. Performing Root Cause Analysis, troubleshooting, repairs, lifetime assessments. Support procurement, cost estimation and project control department in all steps of project development.
- Update discipline standards, recommended practices and engineering guidance. Assess impact of updates to national codes, standards and legislation to current engineering practices.
- Report integrity issues/concerns to Integrity, Asset and Compliance Management. Interact appropriately with all internal and external stakeholders and project members.
The Right Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 15 years of experience in mechanical engineering of static equipment and packaged skids in oil and gas, petrochemical or chemical industry
- Have thorough and detailed knowledge of ASME, API, ISO, EN. TEMA, EJMA Codes and Standards
- Experience in hydrogen service and design in creep range
- Demonstrated knowledge of the applicable Directive and relevant code and the applicability requirements in conjunction with other disciplines.
- Be a ASME certified engineer is an asset
- Experience in the Chemical Plant Greenfield, Brownfield, Revamp and Retrofit and projects especially for Ammonia, Urea and Nitric Acid plant is a plus.
- Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis is a plus.
- Practical knowledge of Static Equipment design software like PVElite, Code Calc,
- NozzlePro, Aspen Exchanger Mechanical and ability to make in-house calculation tools
- Knowledge of Welding, Material Selection, NDE
- Demonstrate strong commitment to improvement in safety and quality performance. Willingness to work and travel in an international environment.
- Fluent in English, additional languages are an asset.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.