NES Fircroft are working with a major oil and gas client who is looking to add a Senior Integrity Engineer to work based at their Norwich office. You will contribute to and be responsible for the technical management of the structural integrity assurance and regulatory compliance of offshore and onshore assets. The primary aspect of the role is to support and manage integrity assurance and engineering assessments with regard to asset structural integrity, regulatory compliance, performance, people and costs on behalf of our client. Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Provide risk assessment, recommendation of action, and approve, requests to defer inspection and maintenance activities.
- The development, review and update of structural integrity management systems (SIMS). Continual development of risk-based inspection strategies. Manage inspection cycle activities from scope agreement, technique selection, supplier selection, contract strategy, safety reviews, mobilisation, data acquisition monitoring & receipt & distribution of deliverables.
- Development, review and update of structural integrity management systems. Undertake strategic review and assessments to guide the direction of the execution of the integrity management system.
- Support HSEx liaison for technical discussion, audits and any consents and licences for new and existing facilities
- Contribute to the continual development and operation of risk-based inspection strategies, identification of damage mechanisms, active overview, guidance and responsibility for delivery of inspection cycle activities from scope agreement, technique selection, supplier selection, contract strategy, safety reviews, mobilisation, data acquisition monitoring & receipt & distribution of deliverables.
- Contribute to and be responsible for the management of topsides and subsea inspection strategies development on annual cycle in order to provide clear & concise inspection requirements to Inspection Engineers.
- Support the Team Leader/Competent Structural Engineer in the Management of Change process (PMP/PeMoC) providing technical advice on modifications. Deliverables – safe completion of projects & modifications.
- Support offshore assets and onshore Terminals in assessing day-to-day safety issues. Required deliverables, include auditable input into isolation reviews, risk assessments and incident investigations, where necessary.
- Management of structural models and analyses in accordance with latest API’s, ISO’s or any other appropriate codes of practice, in the performance of relevant life extension assessments where required, and as directed
- Ability to identify integrity threats to allow appropriate inspection and repair plans to be developed to manage any anticipated defects that could occur within your allocated discipline.
This position operates on a Monday to Friday basis and may involve some offshore travel as operationally required.
- Candidates will hold a minimum Degree in Civil / Structural / Mechanical Engineering,
- Be working towards or already have professional membership of an appropriate Institute (ICE, IStructE or IMechE) and Chartered status.
- Hold an in-depth understanding of offshore structural engineering, recognition of defects and anomalies and the ability to engineer remedial actions as necessary
- Ideally have 5 years of experience working as a Structural Engineer dealing with structural integrity (topside and submerged sections) of mature offshore fixed platforms together with a good grounding in the application of API (RP2A), ISO 19901’s or other pertinent design codes
- Hold engineering working knowledge of corrosion issues. The role supports the specific goal of ensuring our client’s structural assets remain fit for purpose until the projected end of field life.
For more information on this role, please contact Ashleigh North
on 07708 297 513
All our current vacancies are listed on our website www.nesfircroft.com
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.