Typical job task and duties that the Safety and Risk Engineer performs are as follows:
- Conduct Process Hazard Analyses (PHA) and Quantitative Risk Assessment including facility siting assessments.
- Perform Loss Prevention Engineering. Including the development of technical process information such as process & instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), pressure relief system design calculations, ventilation calculations, electrical area classification studies, etc.
- Dispersion, fire and explosion modelling.
- Specialist study support including carbon and greenhouse gas management, vibration and noise.
- Collaborate with teams to discover and implement long-term process improvement efforts.
Candidates considering this position should have the following minimum requirements:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, preferred.
- 8+ years related experience.
- Board of Engineers/Professional association membership.
- Good understanding of process safety elements, practical knowledge supporting the delivery of hazard assessments and exposure to industry Codes and Standards.
- Collaborative skills: The job of a Safety and Risk engineer requires that they work with cross-functional teams, so it is vital that they can work with people with various backgrounds.
- Communication skills: It is essential that applicants have effective verbal and written communication skills to excel in this position. It is necessary for influencing, engaging, and facilitating workgroups, as well as in managing interfaces with engineering specialists, construction, operations, and others.
- Multi-tasking skills: They should be able to manage different simultaneous efforts, prioritize on work with most business impact, and eliminate non-value-added work
- Critical-thinking skills: it is vital that Safety and Risk Engineers have the technical skills to discover hazards to lives and property in the workplace before they cause material damage or become a threat.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.