Senior Manager Operations Procurement (M3.15)
Lead the operational procurement team to develop, drive and implement an industry leading operational procurement strategy & program which maximizes value, reduces cost, mitigates risk, and effectively supports all company operations. Manage and provide execution guidance to a team of experienced procurement professionals for the end to end procurement process.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Leadership & Management
1. Lead a team of procurement managers & specialists handling all personnel development, KPI management, succession planning, etc. Provide recommendations on recruitment, selection, and employee assessment to ensure compliance with HR policies. Foster long-term corporate success through motivated staff, coach subordinates, identify training and career development needs, recommend training courses, and oversee personnel records and resources to meet operational requirements.
2. Influence senior management level stakeholders to implement requisitioner process changes and keep procurement engaged in planning stage of new projects.
3. Act as a leadership-facing proponent of and change management expert for continuous improvement across the operational procurement process.
4. Develop and continously optimize the operational procurement program including annual strategy planning cycle in line with business planning cycle.
5. Support Strategic Procurement function in the development of category strategies by providing insight into higher volume procurement activities and corresponding vendor relations.
6. Develop, monitor, manage, and achieve (in cooperation with Procurement Excellence) all procurement KPI’s relevent to PO lifecycle, cost savings, sustainability, local content, etc. Achieve all annual KPI’s including cost savings targets.
Governance & Compliance
7. Drive compliance with work processes, policies, regulations, and standards to prioritize the health, safety, and environmental well-being of employees. Implement and enforce relevant departmental policies and procedures, optimize processes, and maintain adherence to legal and regulatory requirements. Coordinate procurement activities in alignment with Milaha's policies and standards, including ISO Quality aspects. Establish guidelines, tools, and processes to drive effective procurement operations and ensure compliance throughout the organization.
8. Identify, evaluate and manage supply risks (e.g., delivery dates, capacities, exchange rates / prices for materials) and develop risk management initiatives as required.
9. Oversee and implement alternative procurement sources, plan and execute operational procurement processes, and improve process efficiency through collaboration, cross-functional teams, and integration of internal stakeholders and suppliers in process design and implementation efforts.
10. Act as an escalation point for all operational procurement related issues, ensuring matters are resolved or escalated with priority.
11. Define optimization initiatives and plans to achieve them, execute plans and folow up on any required corrective actions.
12. Execute tender plans for product and service categories, ensuring the best value for the company. Coordinate supplier qualification processes to avoid blacklisted vendors and maintain an updated list. Develop technical and commercial evaluations of bids in accordance with company and tender policies.
13. Collaborate with stakeholders about procurement activities, collect feedback, and derive initiatives in line with operational requirements.
14. Review, assess, and approve a significant volume of tender award decisions for sourcing events conducted by a large team of procurement professionals.
15. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education & Professional Qualification:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Admin. or equivalent required.
• MBA preferred.
• Accredited Procurement / Supply chain certification is preferable.
• 10 or more years of experience in the area of Procurement & Supply Chain Management as a category manager or in a similar role.
• 8 or more years of leadership experience managing teams
• 5 or more years of experience within multinational company.
• 5 or more years of experience managing in excess of $200M spend.
• Computer literate (Word/ Excel/ Power-point, MS Project, MS-Visio)
• Experience building/using KPI dashboard within PowerBI, Tableau, etc. preferred
• Oracle Fusion preferred
• Business fluent English is required
• Good knowledge of local and international Procurement laws, procedures, and procure to pay lifecyce.
• Good knowledge of supplier management techniques, procedures and policies.
• Good knowledge of sources of supply, market trends and pricing practices.Supplier Development and negotiations skills.
• Experience in pre and post-commercial administration of contracts and managing supplier performance.
• Vision & Strategy-Communicates a compelling vision. Creates breakthrough strategies. Generates enthusiasm and commitment.
• Achievement Orientation - Undertakes and is results oriented. Takes charge, shows self-motivation and ambition for personal and professional achievements. Has a competitive drive to get things done.
• Relationship Building - Builds relationships and networks; works through and with others. Communicates and negotiates effectively and persuasively.
• Analytical Thinking - Analyses problems effectively and solves complex issues. Considers the long-term impact and anticipates future consequences and trends. Creates new insights and generates innovative solutions.
• Compliance - Careful and thorough, gathers complete information. Works well under a formal framework and precise rules. Strives for quality.
• Risk Management - Assesses risks and makes timely decisions based on relevant information. Can take high risk decisions when necessary and is not afraid of facing difficulties and adversity. Creates competitive strategies and plans.
• Develop Others - Promotes learning & development. Acts as a coach. Builds succession.
To apply for this role please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.