In August 2022, Aker Solutions entered into an agreement with SLB and Subsea 7 to form a new joint venture for subsea bringing subsea experts to deliver complete subsea and deep-water engineering solutions for the energy industry.
he three companies will bring invaluable technical competence, geographical presence, robust portfolio and backlog projects, and skilled personnel with segment expertise to this agreement. This subsea integrated services venture will position itself to be a tier 1 company in the industry.
The joint venture came into effect on the 2nd of October 2023.
Our team in Aberdeen are now looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
. What Will You be Doing?
We Think You Should Have
- To work in a safe, responsible and cost effective manner, in full compliance with the Company’s safety and quality management systems
- Generate conceptual designs or customise existing designs for proposals or projects from customer or internally generated specifications and prepare design layouts using 2D AutoCAD or 3D (Solidworks) drawing packages
- Verify design where necessary using classical analysis techniques (bending, buckling, shear, bearing, and pressure vessel)
- Assistance will be enlisted where more complex analysis is required. Analysis will require to be formalised for inclusion in product design files and Product Design Documentation
- Present designs to engineering staff during internal design reviews
- Prepare and review detail drawings (selecting raw material as necessary) prepared from design layouts
- Make necessary engineering changes to product drawings
- Participate in investigation and disposition of non-conformances or improvement actions
- Generate equipment assembly, test, FAT, handling, storage, rework, maintenance and commissioning procedures as required
- Provide necessary support to the various internal departments (manufacturing, shop, planning, QA, commercial, purchasing, assembly etc) as equipment is progressed through the facility.
- Field service as required for training and offshore installation
- Develop more junior members of department through technical coaching and mentoring
- Provide competent input to risk assessments related to equipment
- Insert, maintain and review data on electronic register system.
- Ensure accurate recording of work time and duties to allow tracking of departmental expenditure
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, other qualifications may be accepted depending on experience
- Experience as a design engineer (or equivalent) in a product design environment
- Experience with Enovate equipment or relevant alternative equipment
- Engineering design aptitude
- Extensive knowledge and experience with AutoCAD & SolidWorks
- Must be adept in use of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proficient in the development and implementation of design procedures and processes
- Proficient in all methods of communication (verbal, written & presentation)
- Ability to effectively coordinate a multi-disciplined team of engineers and support staff
- Self motivated and ability to work alone unsupervised
- Effective member of a team
- Ability to produce innovative design concepts in a short time scale which meet the requirements set
- Ability to coach and mentor other members of the design team, workshop and project engineering staff
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.