Do you have Senior Naval Architect experience, and are you seeking a new job in Lisbon? NES Fircroft is helping a leading global technology and services provider for the floating offshore wind energy market find a Senior Naval Architect, and the role comes with an attractive salary and benefits package.
As a Senior Naval Architect, you will work on the engineering and design of the next generation of offshore floating wind turbines. You will be capable of carrying out the engineering work with minimum guidance to share the Global Performance Group responsibilities. This position reports to the global Performance Discipline Manager.
In your first few weeks in this Senior Naval Architect role, you can expect to work on:
- Hull global sizing based on project-specific conditions
- Stability analysis for pre-service and in-service conditions
- Global performance analysis, including Design Load Case philosophy, motion analysis, airgap analysis and load calculations
- Active ballast system specification and modelling
- Internal engineering interface with Structures, Marine Systems, Mooring/Cables and Installation
To apply for this Senior Naval Architect role, you will need a Master of science or above in a relevant field of engineering (ocean engineering, naval architecture, mechanical engineering, civil/structural engineering, material science, etc.) You will also require the following:
- Proven technical skills in the field of hydros and aeros
- Knowledge of structures and/or mooring systems
- Comprehensive experience in performing aero and hydro analysis, design and engineering deliverables
- Five years of professional experience in the design of floating offshore structures for pre-FEED FEED
If you’re looking to make a positive impact and create change, possessing an inclusive and committed approach, you'll be rewarded with an excellent salary and benefits package.
To apply for this full-time Senior Naval Architect job in Lisbon, please contact NES Fircroft today. Please refer any friends or colleagues for this role or direct them to our Careers page on our website.
With over 90 years of combined experience in delivering workforce solutions to the global energy industry, NES Fircroft is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & renewable, Infrastructure, and Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide. We provide tailored staffing solutions, sourced from a global talent pool by a dedicated, discipline-specific team of consultants.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.