Our client convert biomass into sustainable products, these products can then be further processed to make fuels. Due to growth they are now looking to recruit a Senior Process Engineer to report into their CTO. You will support both new and existing plant and products
from initial scoping onto FEED studies, process engineering design, calculations,
process safety and risk management. Responsibilities:
Experience & Qualifications:
- Ensure that all EHS requirements are met, including workplace organisation, work instructions, risk assessments, and housekeeping standards
- Support FEED studies, including the preparation of relevant process engineering documentation, including P&IDs, commissioning procedures, equipment specifications & data sheets, calculations, etc., for projects in a timely manner.
- Plan and manage the installation & commissioning of new or modified plant and lead the technical start-up team for product changeover. Ensure that process scale-up parameters are understood, and production is established safely and effectively to meet cost, time, EH&S and quality targets.
- Lead the initial conceptual phase of capital projects in the development of strategies for expanding and providing capacity to meet the needs of the business in support of the techno-commercial strategy.
- Participate in major capital project teams and support the process engineering input to these projects to ensure that development, design, and data provision activities are completed to meet agreed targets of scope, cost and time
- Lead/participate in HAZOPs and Design review studies, quantified risk assessments etc. Arrange process safety reviews and ensure that the resulting recommendations are implemented.
- Undertake any other duties of which the responsibility, skill and experience required to fall within the post holder’s expected capability and commensurate with the position in the company
- Candidates will hold a Degree in Chemical or Process Engineering
- Significant industry experience in chemical manufacturing or process industry organisations
- Be a Chartered Membership in a Professional Institution
- Experience of international projects, including EPC contracts
- Evidence of CPD over the course of their career
- Competent in the use of Aspen Engineering software
- Experience in steam-based systems and the identification of energy recovery opportunities
- Demonstrable evidence of effective leadership exposure and project ownership
- Exhibits commercial understanding and awareness, enterprising
- Knowledge of process instrumentation and control methodologies
For more information on this role, please contact Ashleigh North
on 07708 297 513 or Ashleigh.North@nesfircroft.com
All our current vacancies are listed on our website www.nesfircroft.com
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.