The Senior Process Modeling Expert provides hands-on process, modeling and simulation expertise during the early project phases and leads the process modeling discipline in the project early phase team. As part of the lean and agile early phase team you can achieve rapid turnaround of business requests and quickly turning these into high level and easy to understand options and visuals. The technical areas of responsibility include biologics-, cell & gene therapies-, mRNA-, small molecules-, bioconjugates- and drug product/aseptic manufacturing as well as labs. Accountabilities
- Generating generic process model templates for the different divisions (mammalian, bioconjugates, mRNA, small molecules etc.).
- Own and deliver the process modeling/simulation area during project initiation phases (ideation, feasibility, concept design).
- Create detailed process models by defining the various components, unit operations and equipment involved in the process as well as the sizing of the equipments.
- Provide comprehensible decision basis during design development regarding production capacity, operability and profitability by assessing and addressing different production models.
- Act as servant leader, integrator and collaborator - willing to lend a hand/support everyone in her/his sphere of influence.
- Work within a technical engineering context and integrate process engineering, operations, site engineering, tech transfer and maintenance aspects into the process modelling.
- Perform economic analysis by estimating capital and operating costs, allowing stakeholders to evaluate the profitability of different process alternatives.
- Support environmental impact assessments of processes, including factors like energy consumption, waste generation and emissions.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or Engineering (Preferred: Master’s degree).
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in Biotechnology, Pharma or similar industry.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in Design/Construction of biopharma-, pharma- and chemical facilities; controls systems
- Proven Process, CIP, and SIP knowledge.
- Experience with modeling/simulation software (e.g. SuperPro Designer, Aspen Plus, etc.).
- Fluent English, fluency in German strongly preferred.
- Able to work with minimum oversight fulfilling deliverables within target dates.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.