My client, a large Speciality Chemical Company, is currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer - Interface Management/Coordination for a long-term contract. This has the high possibility to go direct! INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of 12 years of experience in the Oil & Gas, Chemical and/or Petrochemical Industry EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering as a minimum. JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Project Engineer will assist the team to plan and direct engineering work on the project including interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating resolution for design matters to ensure the EPCM Contractor has a clear understanding of technical requirements for the project. Other work may include interfacing with site utility companies, assisting with permitting activities, etc.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Defining and managing technical interface between the Company and the EPCM Contractor
- Ensuring technical compliance with job specifications
- Work with cross functional teams to define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders, including meetings, setting of priorities, evaluating comments/requests, and ensuring stakeholder’s approval.
- Assist in the development of project status reports, ensuring accurate and consistent reporting across the major phases of project development to allow timely decisions are made to maintain the schedule and progression of the project.
- Ensure adequate engineering tracking and reporting controls are established to evaluate the project’s progress and schedule performance.
- Research, interpret, and ensure compliance with regulatory and design codes and standards. Maintains awareness of changing requirements and considers them in engineering designs.
- Review technical feasibility of proposed solutions to engineering problems.
- Ensures constructability reviews are used in project phases to validate the completeness and operability of designs.
- Ensures teams (internal and external) review and revise engineering specifications and standards as required by project management or as needed to ensure compliance with industry and regulatory requirements
- Participates in HSE reviews, permit audits and housekeeping inspections.
- Maintains quality and timeliness of safety activities and deliverables throughout the project delivery process.
- Assists in developing project schedules and estimates
- Maintains effective communication throughout the project life cycle
- Work effectively with internal and external stakeholders to meet project objectives
- Prior engineering experience in an industrial setting.
- A leader in safety on assigned projects including setting expectations and being visible in the field.
- Ability to judge the quality of engineering and construction documents.
- Ability to drive project definition and secure team alignment.
- High level of ownership with assigned projects.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.