Senior Project Planner
- Responsible for development and management of all planning deliveries from the Site to the PWP Project.
- Including preparation of Baselines.
- Provide Schedule Risk modelling support to the Project as required.
- To ensure the proper application of all Corporate planning function processes and procedures, along with compliance checks of both Internal, Contractor and/or Alliance Partner planning deliverables as appropriate.
- The Project Planner shall be part of a multidiscipline team, and is expected to actively seek advice and perspectives from colleagues and leaders to develop a robust integrated schedule.
- He / she is expected to perform supervision, technical reviews as required and make decisions and recommendations.
- Develop and maintain a project specific WBS according to corporate standard WBS methodology for each phase, that properly reflects the project scope, interfaces and execution methodology
- Analyse plan and run plan consequence analyses (scenario planning) on a frequent basis
- Liaise with Estimating and/or Cost Disciplines in order to ensure proper alignment between Cost/Estimate and Schedule
- Develop project schedules and set performance baselines according to corporate and project requirements
- Build and run schedule risk models and provide schedule risk reports at relevant points in the project or sub-project (at a Decision Gate or as part of a Baseline Schedule Revision exercise for example)
- Provide analysis and review of schedules supplied by contractor companies, internal corporate business units and/or alliance partners as appropriate
- Monitor, control and report project status at regular intervals throughout the project lifecycle
- Highlight potential schedule risks and/or opportunities and recommend mitigating or exploiting actions for each
- Provide input to Finance or Asset as part of the business planning process as required
- Perform schedule close-out activities according to corporate requirements
- Set objectives and goals for his / her area of responsibility in order to contribute to achieving the objectives for the project to which they are assigned
- Any other Planning related activities as prescribed by the Project Manager(s), PCL or PSM
- An engineering qualification to degree level is desirable but not essential
- Minimum of 5yrs experience in a similar senior/lead planning position (10yrs if no engineering qualification is possessed)
- Have an in-depth understanding of offshore development project execution methodology and the associated Decision Gate processes
- Be an advanced user of Industry Standard planning and scheduling software (Oracle Primavera, Safran etc)
- Have experience of building and running risk models using Primavera Risk Analysis, Deltek Acumen or Safran Risk
- Self-starter with a strong delivery focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Should have a strong team ethic
- Be fully open to new ideas and methods of working
- Strong and effective communication skills.
- Willing to receive/give constructive feedback.
- Flexible and adaptable to handle changing priorities and new tasks
- Open minded team player with ability to influence, share knowledge and interface with a wide range of teams / disciplines / strategic partners
- Driving continuous improvement, using Lean methodology, towards providing a best in class planning service
- Ability to recognize and solve problems, make decisions and drive progress
- Behavior in accordance with client “SAFER” values
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.