Our client, a Global Oil and Gas Operator, is currently seeking a Quality Advisor for a 12-month contract with opportunity to extend. This role will be residential to Darwin.
The primary objective of this role is to act as QA/QC representative for the clients Phase 2 project at OLB Darwin. This will include the goods receipt inspection procured components and assemblies, management of temporary equipment required on offshore facilities and the review of all applicable documentation /certification.
QA/QC representative role will also include fabrication inspection at approved Darwin facilities, including review and approval of fabrication scope of work documentation and all applicable manufacturing Inspection and test records.Key responsibilities include:
Key qualifications, skills and experience required:
- Undertake the responsibility of participating within the relevant Quality management applications of the integrated purchasing / supply chain system.
- Provide accurate weekly reporting of Phase 2 activities to the Central Quality team and other stakeholders where applicable, inclusive of all inspection activities, material status, NCR status, third party inspection status, perceived concerns, and a look ahead of planned activities.
- Participate and contribute to all planned meetings within the OLB facility and where applicable via phone / video conference with the Perth Central Quality team.
- When applicable liaise with the Contracts & Procurement team to ensure the efficient handover of applicable data generated from the receival documentation process is entered into the client’s electronic data management system (EDMS).
- Provide a high level of technical expertise in relation to the inspection and testing of a wide range of components and / or assemblies.
- Coordinate the effective use of third-party inspection resources based on the applicable workloads and /or the need for specialized inspection disciplines.
- Review and approve all applicable documentation supplied for each component / assembly to establish compliance against the applicable codes / standards. This may include material certification, test and/or inspection records and/or full assembly MDRs.
- Identify and report all product and/or process NCRs through the appropriate client processes and procedures.
- Participate in the development and verification of suitable corrective and preventative actions.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing / service and/or warehousing environment, preferably servicing the Oil & Gas industry, applying QA/QC requirements within a project and / or operational environment.
- Diploma or Certificate in Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical/Metallurgy), Inspection, Supervision or equivalent.
- Current inspection qualification(s) / certification(s) in a relevant discipline
- such as welding, mechanical or electrical etc.
- ISO 9712, CSWIP, PCN or equivalent NDT qualifications or accredited
- NDT training.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.