NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Job Title: Senior Regulatory Services Advisor Location: Calgary, AB Length: 1 Year contract to start Rotation: 5/2 Mon - Fri 8/hrs a day Description:
The successful applicant will join a Calgary-based, multi-disciplinary Regulatory Services team playing a critical role in environmental and regulatory management to enable and sustain the clients business on the Western Canadian landscape. This team promotes and advocates for our corporate strategy with regulators and cultivates the external relationships necessary for the responsible development of regulatory and environmentally compliant energy projects through application, approval, monitoring, environmental management and licensing support.
- Support, preparation, and submission of complex regulatory applications for future resource development inclusive of all required authorizations and approvals,
- Administration of approvals under the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act (EPEA), specifically coordination of environmental monitoring,
- Partnership with the business and internal teams in management of regulatory approval schedules, application information requirements, and compliance needs,
- Provision of biophysical technical expertise, advice on environmental performance, interpretation of environmental monitoring reports, adaptive management and continual improvement, and,
- Subject matter expertise and strategic advice on emerging business risks in the regulatory and environmental area.
The role requires an ability to affect outcomes on a wide range of environmental and regulatory topics. A diversity of experience and an ability to work as a highly qualified generalist and an engaged team-member are necessary. Additionally, specialized subject matter expertise and an ability to advise the business on environmental topics of elevated corporate risk will be considered an asset. Essential behaviors within this role are an emphasis on partnership with internal business partners as well as functional excellence as an environmental professional and teammate.
Apply here or send your resume to email@example.com
- 10 years of experience in environmental and regulatory affairs, environmental compliance, remediation and reclamation, government or community relations, or a related field.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in biophysical sciences or management
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-based, team environment
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.