Job DescriptionSenior SCM Professional - D&W & EXPRES Procurement
- Purchase materials and services supporting Drilling & Wells (D&W) of simple or complex nature in accordance with prescribed purchasing procedures and processes.
- In close cooperation with the supply chain team and D&W, understand D&W purchasing needs and develop/refine specifications and/or source for materials/services whilst working to achieve lowest possible total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Review and analyse purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy. Source the supply of materials/service from existing contract portfolio or establishes new sourcing relationship(s).
- Process purchasing transactions according to policies, procedures and processes.
- Manage delivery of material and services in accordance with expectations and expedite delivery on a non-routine basis in agreement with the D&W.
- Manage purchasing performance in accordance with KPIs and targets.
- Assist making requisitions as required and proactively resolve purchasing challenges
- Provide guidance, assistance and champions compliance with established procurement processes with the D&W team.
- Be familiar with Company’s contract portfolio within segment.
- Work with supply chain team to develop purchasing plan
- Participate in development and implementation of Aker BP’s digital agenda and plan-to-pay tool
- BSc in SCM or equivalent experience
- Experience within procurement/purchasing as Buyer minimum 5 year
- Experience from supplier/customer side
- Relevant experience from purchasing in a range of typical drilling and wells category equipment or services .
- Highly skilled in SAP
- Well-founded knowledge of industry purchasing practices and procedures.
- Well-founded knowledge of relevant types of materials, products, and services for the assigned areas of Procurement and how to source these for use at the appropriate locations.
- Preparation of specifications and assessment of simple bids.
- Well- founded knowledge of material management, warehouse operations and logistics ERP tool.
- Experienced in Continuous improvement
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.