Senior Specialist - Category Manager (P4)
the following categories are expected across 4 x P4 roles:
- Repair and Maintenance, Facilities
- Logistics and Provisions
- Manpower, Insurance, and General Services
- Shipyard Services and General Tools
Lead the efforts to define and implement a Milaha-wide strategy with the aim to guarantee a structured approach to the management of a category(s). That approach takes into consideration the demand analysis, market and vendor analysis, risk assessment and potential value levers in order to drive scale, help deliver cost reductions, increase efficiency, and maximize value.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Leadership & Management
1. Lead a team of procurement specialists (matrix) handling all personnel development, KPI management, succession planning, etc. Provide recommendations on recruitment, selection, and employee assessment to ensure compliance with HR policies. Foster long-term corporate success through motivated staff, coach subordinates, identify training and career development needs, recommend training courses, and oversee personnel records and resources to meet operational requirements.
1. Manage and optimize the assigned category(s) according to the Milaha-wide Procurement strategy.
2. Develop and implement multi-year category strategies which drive additional value for the organization. Align the program with strategic business objectives, communicate the strategy to stakeholders, collect feedback, and derive initiatives in line with strategic requirements
3. Responsible for strategic procurement processes within the category (incl. supplier portfolio management, market analytics, RfX & sourcing of typically larger value orders, supplier selection, purchase order creation & placement, PO follow-up and issue management).
4. Present the category or individual sourcing strategies in front of the Tender Committee or leadership if requested.
5. Monitor the global supplier market for the assigned category. Plan for material and service availability by analyzing trends, delivery systems, and markets. Conduct market assessments, cost models, benchmarking, and total cost of ownership analyses. Evaluate demand patterns/cycles, optimize purchasing power, gather and manage datasets, and provide global market intelligence. Utilize analytics to monitor procurement volumes, usage patterns, inventory levels, costs, and identify pooling opportunities, cost-saving possibilities, and areas for improvement.
Sourcing & Supplier (Vendor) Management
6. Manage key supplier relationships and execute supplier performance reivews.
7. Manage escalations within assigned categories to ensure ll matters are resolved, or escalated ot the nect level.
8. Define optimization initiatives (i.e., standardization, bundling, supplier concentration); initiate, support and drive make-or-buy decisions.
9. Identify, evaluate and manage category risks (e.g., delivery dates, capacities, exchange rates / prices for materials) and develop risk management initiatives.
10. Collaborate with stakeholders about procurement activities, collect feedback, and derive initiatives in line with strategic requirements.
11. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify and consolidate procurement requirements, provide advisory services on suitable alternatives, coordinate with departments to identify professional services needs, record and consolidate requirements, and facilitate the translation of internal customer requirements into purchase orders for timely procurement of materials, products, and services.
12. Participate in the evaluation of proposals, accurately transferring information and documents to the commercial evaluation sheet/Fusion. Review and interpret tender documents and contracts to ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
Contract Administration, Development & Negotiation
13. Lead negotiations and contract management activities with suppliers to secure cost-effective sources of products and services, negotiate favorable terms and conditions, benchmark costs and quality, monitor contract expirations, and initiate renewals. Develop and execute negotiation strategies, collaborate with internal stakeholders, legal department, and tender committee, and ensure effective contract management across procurement categories.
14. Perform other job-related duties as assigned. Qualifications - External
Education & Professional Qualification:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent required.
• Accredited Procurement / Supply chain certification is preferable.
• 8 or more years of experience in the area of Procurement & Supply Chain Management as a category manager or in a similar role.
• Minimum of 5 years experience within multinational company.
• Computer literate (Word/ Excel/ Power-point, MS Project, MS-Visio)
• Oracle Fusion preferred
• Business fluent English is required
• Business fluent Arabic is preferred
• Good knowledge of local and international Procurement laws and procedures.
• Good knowledge of supplier management techniques, procedures & policies.
• Good knowledge of sources of supply, market trends and pricing practices.;
• Supplier Development and negotiations skills.
• Experience in pre and post-commercial administration of contracts and managing supplier performance.
• Vision & Strategy-Communicates a compelling vision. Creates breakthrough strategies. Generates enthusiasm and commitment.
• Achievement Orientation - Undertakes and is results oriented. Takes charge, shows self-motivation and ambition for personal and professional achievements. Has a competitive drive to get things done.
• Relationship Building - Builds relationships and networks; works through and with others. Communicates and negotiates effectively and persuasively.
• Analytical Thinking - Analyses problems effectively and solves complex issues. Considers the long-term impact and anticipates future consequences and trends. Creates new insights and generates innovative solutions.
• Compliance - Careful and thorough, gathers complete information. Works well under a formal framework and precise rules. Strives for quality.
• Risk Management - Assesses risks and makes timely decisions based on relevant information. Can take high risk decisions when necessary and is not afraid of facing difficulties and adversity. Creates competitive strategies and plans.
• Develop Others - Promotes learning & development. Acts as a coach. Builds succession.
If you would to apply for this role. Please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.