We are working alongside a Global Oil & Gas EPC who are looking to hire a Senior Structural Engineer to join their team on a 12 month contract. Job Title:
Senior Structural Engineer Location:
Perth CBD Contract role Hours per day:
8 hour days (Mon- Fri) Pay Rate:
Competitive Salary Job Description
- Provide site engineering supervision / technical assistance for manufacturing, fabrication and / or installation site.
- Undertake engineering tasks in other engineering disciplines when required.
- Assist Discipline Lead in development of Discipline Engineering Technical Notes and Guidelines.
- Show respect for co-workers and a willingness to proactively address multi-disciplinary problems and an ongoing commitment to self-improvement.
Skills / Experience
- As required by projects / tenders / studies, undertake role of lead engineer for the relevant project’s discipline engineering scope of work.
- As required by projects / studies, supervise engineers as defined by project organization
- Independently generate engineering deliverables on standard relevant discipline engineering design to meet project, statutory and Company rules to project schedule.
- Review engineering deliverables as required Company check process.
- Be effective, efficient and fit for purpose in the delivery of solutions and documents.
- Assist assigned Project Manager / Relevant Engineering Discipline Lead to ensure resource requirements and engineering document deliverables meet project technical and schedule requirements.
- Instruct Drafting Team on engineering drafting requirements for projects.
- Develop and maintain a schedule for assigned work scope and associated deliverables
- Responsible for key interfacing with other engineering disciplines during project execution.
Participate in formal or informal reporting to Discipline Lead on progress of engineering tasks, budget and schedule progress, lessons learnt and resources.
- Supervise standard discipline engineering performed by Engineering Consultants / Suppliers / other engineering center to meet project, statutory and company rules to project schedule.
- Attend meetings with Clients, Suppliers and / or Consultants to assist on technical issues relating to relevant discipline engineering.
- As required by tenders, prepare appropriate content and lean manhours estimates to support tender submission.
- Travel to client, subcontractor, vendor and consultant offices for meetings
- Travel to either onshore or offshore sites when required
- Undertake training courses
- Required to maintain professional development in own time
- Required to work extended hours occasionally to meet the job / project requirements
- To assist, train and supervise the work performed by assigned Engineer(s) / Designer(s)
- To interface with other projects and offices and implement best practices
- University Degree in Engineering relevant to the discipline as recognised by the Institute of Engineers Australia, or other qualifications recognised by one of the following International Institution (IMechE, ICHemE only)
- Must be able to independently perform and deliver Conceptual / FEED and / or detailed engineering packages of work, and satisfy requirements specified by the Client or Project
- Effective English - oral and written communication
- Demonstrable knowledge of relevant engineering discipline
- Essential software experience: SACS, Space Gass and MS office
- Preferred software experience: Mathcad, Autocad LT, Navisworks Experience (consider the typical career path the incumbent would have)
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in relevant oil and gas engineering discipline
- Experience of producing broad range of technical deliverables including tendering packages, calculations, drawings, simulations, and reports Personal Attributes (consider communication and influencing skills)
- Planning and organizational skills
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.