Do you have structural engineer experience, and are you seeking a new job in Lisbon? NES Fircroft is helping a leading global technology and services provider for the offshore wind energy market find a Senior Structural Engineer, and the role comes with an attractive salary and benefits package.
As a Senior Structural Engineer, you will be working for a leading global technology and services provider for the floating offshore wind energy market.
In your first few weeks in this Structural Engineer role, you can expect to:
- Design tasks for current projects including preliminary sizing of steel structures, strength, buckling and fatigue analysis, and detailing of the structures
- Interface with drafters to produce packages of drawings for certification and fabrication
- Follow closely the fabrication planning and execution phases to provide support as necessary
- Prepare project specifications and structural design criteria
- Develop initial or conceptual structural designs and layouts.
To apply for this Senior Structural Engineer role, you will need a Master of Science in an applicable field of engineering, i.e., Ocean Engineering, Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Civil/Structural Engineering or Materials Science. You will also require the following:
- Five years of experience in the design of ship, offshore structures, or wind turbine supporting structures
- One year of professional experience in floating wind
- Experience in using commercial FEA software such as ANSYS or equivalent
- Practical knowledge of class standards and relevant regulations (ABS, BV, DNVGL, and/or API)
- Proficiency in two or more programming languages (Matlab, Python, VBA)
- Experience in drafting and modelling tools (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Rhino).
If you’re looking to impact and create change positively, you'll be rewarded with an excellent salary and benefits package for your inclusive and committed approach.
We'd love you to apply for this full-time Senior Structural Engineer position in Lisbon, and we're waiting to hear from you. Please contact NES Fircroft today.
With over 90 years of combined experience in delivering workforce solutions to the global energy industry, NES Fircroft is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & renewable, Infrastructure, and Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide. We provide tailored staffing solutions, sourced from a global talent pool by a dedicated, discipline-specific team of consultants.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.