Job DescriptionSenior Structural Engineer Calculations and PDMS
- Structural analysis of steel and aluminium structures using STAAD, Sesam Genie and hand calculations.
- Use of PDMS/E3D in the design of steel and aluminum structures.
- Create fabrication drawings from PDMS Draft & E3D Draw, installation procedures, lifting procedures, design reports and purchase documents.
- Follow up and approve deliveries from subcontractors.
- Follow up fabrication, review & approve fabrication documentation.
- Perform survey on and offshore, prepare on- and offshore survey reports.
- Perform discipline check of fabrication drawings, design reports.
- Make input to cost and planning for new projects.
- Follow-up progress and plan.
- B.Sc or long experience within the following;
- Candidates with experience and knowledge of steel and aluminum structural design, and connection methods as welding and bolting will be preferred.
- Personal qualities
- Good communication- and coooperation skills.
- Good knowledge of relevant rules and governing standards as NORSOK, Eurocode 3 and DNV is needed.
- Knowledge in use of ERP and document handling systems as IFS, SAP,MIPS, STID or PROCOSYS will be a benefit.
- The preferred candidate has experience with one or more of the following software, PDMS, E3D, Mathcad, STAAD, Sesam Genie, Autocad, Microstation
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.