Our client, an oil and gas operator, requires a Senior Subsea Project Engineer to join the team on a contract basis.
Purpose of Role:
• Supports in the delivery of cost-effective subsea projects, decommissioning and inspection, repair and maintenance campaigns including annual subsea and pipelines inspection.
Critical Responsibilities (MAE/MATTE/HSES): Major Accident Event (MAE)/ Major Accident to the Environment (MATTE)/Health, Safety, Environment & Security (HSES)
• Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation and HSES Procedures
Areas of Accountability, Responsibility and Competence:
• Support in the delivery of safe and cost-effective subsea projects, decommissioning and inspection, repair and maintenance campaigns including annual subsea and pipelines inspection.
• Manages assigned subsea projects/campaigns throughout the life cycle
• Participate in developing, reviewing and updating cost estimates and schedules for all subsea activities
• Participate in preparation of Requests for Quotation for subsea facilities & pipeline contracts and purchase orders.
• Manage and coordinate the design and engineering work, material or equipment manufacturing, onshore prefabrication, subsea construction / installation, pre-commissioning / commissioning and handover to Operations
• Assist with contingency, emergency and bridging procedures related to marine operations.
• Manage and coordinate contractual, commercial and schedule issues
• Review design documentation and manufacturing, fabrication and installation procedures
• Deliver safe and efficient execution of assigned subsea projects/campaigns
• Manages vendors within assigned projects
• Complies with project and risk management processes
• Ensures regulatory permits and consents are obtained in a timely manner
• Collaborate with Subsea Operations team
• Co-ordinate onshore operations for offshore construction
• Co-ordinate onshore operations of diving and ROV vessel campaigns for construction, decommissioning, inspection and the preventive and remedial maintenance of subsea facilities and structures
• Provide input into work priorities with regards to offshore vessel campaigns and the management of the day to day vessel schedules
• Develop Cost Time and Resource's (CTR's) for assigned projects
• Develops subsea operations work packs for assigned subsea operations projects
• Defines marine assurance requirements
• Manage the interface between vessel and across onshore stakeholders
• Provides input to annual budget and planning processes
• Ensure good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Implement standardised management reporting processes in accordance best practice
• Mobilise offshore during subsea campaigns as Company technical representative
• Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager
Critical Skills, Qualifications, Experience, etc.:Indicate either preferred or essential
• Degree preferred or equivalent experience demonstrated.
• In depth knowledge and familiarity with current UKCS legislative framework is required
• Subsea experience in Inspection, repair, and maintenance campaigns
• Strong technical background within pipelines or subsea production/control systems
• Contract management experience also required
• Participation within multi-discipline Safety Reviews, including HAZID / HAZOP / HIRA
• Contribute/review/assist for Project/Activity deliverable documents and deviations to standards and standard practices
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.