NES Fircroft have partnered with leading Oil & Gas operator here in Queensland who currently have a new opportunity available with a Well Performance Technician to join their Production Engineering team. This role is a live local position in Roma (Monday to Friday) the suitable candidate will be living local or able to relocate for the role. The Role
The Well Performance Technician is responsible for executing the Well / Field Strategy developed by the Production Engineering team under the guidance of the Lead Production Engineer and ensuring consistent application and coordination and interfacing with multiple Asset functions such as BCCR panel operators, field operators, automation engineers, Asset Services commissioning teams, surface, and subsurface engineering teams. Reporting to the Production Engineering Lead – Asset West , the Well Performance Technician is responsible for supporting the Asset objectives through:
- Well Surveillance: All new wells or wells returning from intervention or extended downtime are brought to an optimised state in accordance with the well operating strategy as defined by the Production Engineers
- Well Performance: Maintain and optimise well production through managing pumping and completion systems and Operating philosophy to minimise well downtime and maximise reliability,
- Gas Optimisation: Provide support to the Production Engineers and Field Operators to identify uplift opportunities, informing of operational issues and conducting well surveillance,
- Develop in-asset technical capabilities: Identifying operate by exception strategies and opportunities to maximise well performance, reliability, and Operator efficiency. Support Production Engineering in implementing best practice operation of artificial lift types and design (progressive cavity and reciprocating rods pumps), Free Flow, vertical, fracture stimulated and horizontal well operation and optimisation.
- The successful candidate will ideally have proficiency in wellsite control systems via FastTools and Citect, as well as a sound understanding of wellsite operations and interpretation of production trends. Considered self-aware and motivated, you will have a positive attitude and be delivery focused.
- Proven experience in CSG field
- Experience in operating and maintaining field assets
- Experience in monitoring large volumes of well data to identify wells with deviations from target and that require action planning to minimise production supply losses.
- Strong analytical and interpretative skills
- A sound communicator with the ability to collaborate effectively with key members of a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated high level of initiative and motivation including the ability to prioritise workload effectively to meet deadlines.
If you were interested in a confidential discussion or wanted to learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Cameron Anderson via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or apply now.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.