HMH are looking for a Service Technician/Engineer - Controls
to strengthen their Field Operations team, based in Aberdeen. Join us in our quest to solve tomorrow's challenges, as we innovate our future! What will you be doing in this role?
We are looking for a Service Technician/Engineer to gain knowledge of our equipment so they can support our customers in all aspects of Pressure Control Systems.
You will hold an electrical or electronics qualification
and should be experienced in a similar environment or have been working with hydraulic or drilling equipment. You will travel globally, both onshore and offshore, and often within quite tight turnarounds
. Primarily you will be responsible for:
Providing installation, software updates, inspection, commissioning, service, fault-finding, repair & upgrade support to HMH customers onshore, offshore and overseas on various types of electrical components for topside and subsea drilling equipment systems including BOP Stack, MUX Control Pods and surface equipment (Central Control Unit, Uninterrupted Power Supply, Driller’s panel, Toolpusher’s panel, etc.) Accountabilities
- Provide on-site support and advice to customers on all matters relating to operation of HMH equipment, software and systems
■ Prepare fully for each assignment, ensuring work scope is understood and adhered to, documentation has been prepared and necessary information collated prior to mobilisation
■ Act as HMH focal point on site, communicating accurate information in a professional manner
■ Prepare and maintain accurate technical reports for each assignment
■ Ensure all pertinent information is fed back to onshore Field Operations team on completion of assignment
■ Provide general technical input to customers about HMH equipment & systems operation, maintenance, repairs and updates
■ Assist in pre-Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT), FAT tests, and software testing and validation
■ Review reported malfunctions and identify / analyse any undesirable trends to make recommendations on findings
■ Maintain regular communication with the onshore services team whilst on assignment and on field break
■ Arrange all travel to/from assignments as required
■ Submit documented expenses for each project accurately in a timely manner
■ Ensure all training is completed in a timely manner
■ Participate in and have input to risk assessment, Safe Job Analysis (SJA) and HSE observation systems
■ Ability and willingness to travel internationally for sustained durations at short notice
■ Subscribe to, and comply with, HMH HSSE guidelines, ensuring Just Rules are applied as a minimum standard of working
■ Participate in the continuous improvement of processes and procedures relevant to job role Who are we looking for?
- HNC or VQ Level 3 in a relevant electrical or electronics discipline
- Experience in a Services environment is essential
- Experience in BOP Control Systems preferrable.
- Strong knowledge of UNIX-based Operating Systems.
- Strong foundation of basic networking concepts
- CompEx 01-04 certification
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally for sustained durations and with short notice
- Be self-motivated to work on own initiative and be prepared to project manage on location as and when required
- Function effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent team working skills with ability to work effectively with different cultures
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.