Aker Solutions' Subsea Lifecycle Services Engineering team located in Mobile, Alabama is looking to add to the team. We are seeking a Service Manager.
Ideal candidates will:
- have experience in the oil and gas industry,
- have previous experience managing multiple projects, and
- ideally have a professional management qualification (MBA, PMP preferred).
What will you be doing?
- Lead and identify opportunities for growth, new work and improving the delivery of traditional Subsea Lifecycle Service (SLS) work scopes and stand-alone projects
- Maintaining and develop relationships with new and existing clients
- Lead all new scopes of work ensuring prompt kickoff, adequate competent and available resources are in place on time and within budget
- Prepare monthly reports and forecast on portfolio of client accounts and projects and drive action that ensures a relentless drive for on time delivery, adherence to planned versus actual performance and maintenance of financial budgets
- Manage the opportunity funnel with support from Pursuit team from the client portfolios while working with Capture team (where appropriate) to ensure bids are commercially viable for the SLS business
- Actively support the Pursuit team with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) activities within assigned client portfolio
- Lead discussions and negotiations related to acceptance of warranty claims especially those that could have significant commercial implications for Aker Solutions
- Responsible for the client satisfaction process by ensuring customer feedback surveys are sent consistently. In addition, develop plans to address any issues related to client satisfaction and share learnings across the organization.
- Manage contractual and commercial activities as the Services point of contact towards assigned clients.
- Compliance to overall customer requirements in line with agreed standards and expectations.
- Responsible for preparing, securing internal approval and presenting variation orders to customer.
- Identify potential execution trends and subsequently propose business strategies.
- Ensure financial control of service orders through follow-up analysis of cost, revenue and contribution margin.
- Take leadership in the continuous improvement of processes, procedures and outcomes.
- Lead by example and demonstrate commitment to Aker Solutions values, management system and the Services Execution Model (SEM)
- Ability to lead and motivate people to deliver
We think you should have:
- Relevant, demonstrable experience preferably within the oil & gas service industry
- Experienced in commercial and contractual activities related to project and/or service execution
- Solid technical experience plus several years of techno-commercial experience
- Expert level in own discipline as well as knowledge/awareness of other products/disciplines, and a breadth of practical experience
- Demonstratable experience at being able to influence and direct people without direct line management responsibility in a matrix organization
- Previous experience of contribution to Company Strategy
- Previous experience in managing multiple projects
- P&L budgetary experience
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or relevant work experience is essential
- Professional Management qualification preferred (i.e. MBA, PMP)
apply to: https://www.akersolutions.com/careers/job-search/?jobPostId=16934
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.