Shift Supervisor Job Summary:
The Shift Team Lead shall be responsible for coordinating and overseeing daily plant operations and maintenance performed by the operations group while on shift. Responsible for training, directing, and coordinating plant personnel, administering, and overseeing adherence to plant safety, operation and administrative programs and procedures. Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
- Understands and adheres to all plant safety guidelines and procedures. Strives to maintain an injury free environment.
- Oversees the plant process and electrical distribution through plant distributive control system (DCS) and other process control devices.
- Monitors the operation and performance of the facility while on shift. Takes appropriate action when necessary to ensure compliance of safety, efficiency, environmental and administrative guidelines.
- Assists in scheduling daily maintenance actions, plant configuration changes and varying power generation levels.
- Oversees boiler and cooling water quality testing and makes corrections to the process as necessary. Chemical handling is required.
- Identifies problems with plant equipment and clearly communicates the conditions associated with these problems to the plant maintenance group.
- Oversees the performance of plant personnel performing required daily operations activities. Directs the activities of plant operators as necessary to support the overall plant operation.
- Assist in budget planning and control.
- Participates in plant training and qualification program.
- Becomes Systems Expert in several areas of plant operations and develops and maintains procedures for those areas and serves as resources to others.
- Coordinates Lock out Tag Out.
- Operates all plant equipment as needed, including Combustion Turbines, Steam Turbines BOP and associated control systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Power Plant Operations
- Position requires extended working hours and varied shifts with weekend and holiday work, as required by schedules, workload, and plant conditions.
- Work in and around rotating equipment, high voltage electrical equipment, high noise areas and elevations up to 150 feet.
- Work in all temperatures and climatic conditions. Some temperatures can be extreme.
- Work in confined spaces, some requiring the use of respirator protective equipment.
- Performance of duties requires response to calls 24 hours/day, seven days/week and working irregular shifts.
- Substantial footwear must be worn in accordance with the current Safety Shoe Policy.
- Associate degree in Power Plant Technology, Process Technology, Instrumentation/Controls, Industrial Electronics or related field or equivalent education and/or experience
- 5 years power generating facilities or process plant experience OR 5 years of leadership experience in an industrial environment.
- Successful completion of Control Room Operations Training Program.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5 years of power plant experience
- Control room operator experience
- Must be able to respond calmly and think clearly in emergency situations.
- Demonstrate skills in the use of tools, test equipment and calibration equipment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, basic understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity, and mathematics.
- Knowledge of distributed control and electrical distribution, turbine, generators, boilers, water treatment and auxiliary equipment.
- Knowledge of the kinds and types of equipment installed derived through a combination of hands-on experience and formal training performed in the manufacturer’s factory and/or at the jobsite.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.