Our client a major Oil & Gas operator are looking to add a Site Competent Person
to their office in Norwich.
This is a great opportunity to join our existing Operations Team for one of the largest gas operators in the Southern North Sea. The successful candidate for this role will be the nominated Site Competent Person (SCP) for our assets including offshore installations and our onshore workshop, warehouse and Bacton Terminal.
This is a critical position in our organisation, the SCP’s role includes acting as the focal point for lifting operations, preparing and approving all categories of lifting plans and where required acting as the performing authority for lifting operations. The SCP ensures that all rigging activities are carried out in compliance with regulatory requirements and to relevant company standards and procedures.
This position will be based in our Norwich office, working Monday to Friday with travel to onshore sites and offshore installations as operationally required.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Development (where required) and approval of all lift plans. Complex lift plans require Lifting TA approval
• Continuous review of risk assessments and lift plans for routine lifts
• Maintain the database of routine and specific lifting plans and risk assessments for the site/installation
• Maintain the register of persons authorised to perform lifting operations on the site/installation
• Performing Authority (PA) for complex lifts where necessary
• Co-ordinate site requirements for rigging loft inventory
• Provide technical advice to the PUK Site LOLER Representative
• Audit specialist contractors lifting equipment for compliance with standards
Qualifications / Experience
• OPITO Rigger competence stage 3 and/or NVQ level 3 – Lifting and Moving Loads
• OPITO LOLER Competent Person (LCP) Qualification
• CPCS Appointed Person: Lifting Operations A61
• BOSIET or FOET Certificate (with CA EBS)
• Offshore Medical Certificate
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in lifting, planning operations and rigging
• Computer literate
• Extensive proved records for theoretical and practical knowledge about categories of lifting operations (especially complicated and complex lifts), lift planning and rigging
• Oil and Gas industry experience would be advantageous
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.