Site Experience Coordinator (Contractor) Location:
Kitimat, BC Schedule
: M-F 8 hrs/day Contract length:
2 years (Nov 1, 2023 – Nov 1, 2025) Anticipated Start date:
Nov 1, 2023 About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Communications and Reputation, this role will be responsible for delivering safe, effective, and engaging site tours. This is a site-based communication generalist role as well, that will work closely with construction and operations leadership assisting with tactical deployment of communications plans and projects aimed at strengthening LNG Canada’s reputation and brand in the region. Purpose & Accountabilities
Skills & Requirements
- Plan and execute safe and engaging site tours for a broad range of stakeholders including our joint venture participants, First Nations, Government, Regulators, and media.
- Build positive relationships with senior leaders that fosters trust and credibility to tell the story about our first cargo.
- Design, develop and deploy communications which reflect our company’s values highlighting our performance towards a safe and successful start-up.
- Manage and execute internal and external site events, programs.
- Support internal communications channels at site for site workforce such as Yammer, site town halls, face-to-face engagements, video, and digital signage.
- Stay informed of key milestones and events from all departments and collaboratively work with site business and construction leaders to develop and edit content and messages.
- Maintain and communicate company's internal and external communications standards and processes to site contractors and sub-contractors.
- Support emergency and crisis response, as needed, as a backfill to the Public Information Officer of the site incident command.
- Support media/social media relations and branding activities in the community and at site.
- Photography and videography as required.
Additional Information: Additional travel and evening / weekend work may be required as part of this role. This role requires that you:
- 1-3 years of professional experience in communications, event planning
- A post-secondary degree in Communications or Public Relations.
- Ability to influence without direct responsibility.
- Strategic thinker, self-starter, excellent problem-solver, highly motivated, proactive, flexible, and results-oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience managing and responding to issues and crisis as part of an integrated team.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and willingness to be involved in additional activities outside prescribed job description.
- Possess a valid driver's license (driving on-site is essential to the role)
Apply here or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., by way of Canadian citizenship, permanent residency, or valid work permit)
- Are willing to comply with company's drug-free and harassment-free work environment and comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- Undergo a pre-placement medical assessment of your fitness for duty, and Pre-Site Access testing for alcohol and specified drugs.
- This role is expected to end approximately November 2025.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.