Site Maintenance and Material Handling Operative Swardeston, Norwich Long Term Project PAYE Only
As Site Maintenance & Material Handling Operative, you will be working as part of a highly experienced project team, delivering a major power infrastructure project that will deliver renewable energy to millions of homes in the UK.
The day-to-day tasks will involve supporting general maintenance activities, ensuring the Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) requirements of the site works, perform corrective and preventive activities required alongside supporting the material handling, storage and preservation of the equipment delivered to the construction sites.
- Perform general maintenance works and site up-keep works to avoid possible failures and HSE issues.
- Assist in developing preventive and corrective maintenance programs.
- Perform installations, assembling, fittings, repairs, and replacements as needed, based on their different skills and certifications.
- Take delivery of all incoming materials and reconcile with purchase orders.
- Support the tracking, documentation, and resolution of any discrepancies on received orders.
- Handle emergency maintenances and repair works.
- Site Housekeeping: maintain work areas clean, safe, and organised.
- Operate maintenance equipment safely to avoid accidents.
- CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) Card
- Good Health and safety awareness.
- Maintain high ethical relationships both internally and externally.
- Material handling equipment certifications, e.g. forklift, telescopic handler certification and other related equipment, or willingness to acquire and maintain certification, or
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.